Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Can anyone tell me who I need to go and see to get an attestation of my numéro de sécurité sociale?

I had a numéro de sécu in 2006 but have been out of the country for a couple of years and didn't expect to come back so if I ever had a piece of paper stating my numéro, it's nowhere to be found now...

Help?

Kylie

·
Administrator
51,607 Posts
You might try online. Try googling the CPAM for your department.

Normally if they ask for an "attestation" of your sécu number, they are looking for the sheet that lists any dependents and the dates you are covered for (for health insurance). Last time I needed one of these, I was able to order it online, using the CPAM website. (You may need the number to get it this way.)

If you don't have a Carte Vitale (the green card used for medical insurance), go to your local CPAM office and report the card lost. They should be able to replace it (and provide an attestation at the same time).
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hello Kylie. Have you been to the CPAM? I recently had to go and get my attestation, and it was fairly simple (but I have never had a social securite number here before, so your case maybe different).

I just went to the office near Part Dieu with my proof of residence, passport, and a pay stub, and it only took about 30 minutes.

--michael

Hi,

Can anyone tell me who I need to go and see to get an attestation of my numéro de sécurité sociale?

I had a numéro de sécu in 2006 but have been out of the country for a couple of years and didn't expect to come back so if I ever had a piece of paper stating my numéro, it's nowhere to be found now...

Help?

Kylie

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for your advice. I contacted the CPAM and apparently my old sécu number doesn't work because it was when I was a student.

I have to let them know as soon as I get a job, or as soon as I've been in France for three months and they'll issue me with a new one.

And the woman was fantastic! Friendly, helpful, efficient. Even their phone system is great - it tells you approximately how long you have to wait. I'm very impressed!

Kylie

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hi!

I hope for you that it is not as complicated as my case - I had a number in 1963.

When I came back in 1997, I had the number, but not the 2 control numbers - it took me 10 months to get them - I sent from one to another - they all told me they knew it, but were not allowed to tell me.

Suggest you try , either the firm where you were employed, or the Caisse which was competent for this.

Yours,

giantpanda

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.