Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Does anyone have legal/tax information on how to run your UK business while living in Spain?

I run my own UK limited company and have recently moved to Barcelona. First I was advised to become autonomo but as my company is already set in the UK I have now been told it would be best to keep my company as is and pay corporation tax to the UK and income tax in Spain on wages.

I am quite confused with all this and am struggling to find a good accountant/gestor. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Hello,

Does anyone have legal/tax information on how to run your UK business while living in Spain?

I run my own UK limited company and have recently moved to Barcelona. First I was advised to become autonomo but as my company is already set in the UK I have now been told it would be best to keep my company as is and pay corporation tax to the UK and income tax in Spain on wages.

I am quite confused with all this and am struggling to find a good accountant/gestor. Any help would be appreciated.
Dave similar to yourself. I contacted a lawyer/gestor/contable company in Seville.

They responded after 5 days asking for more data. I informed them that I needed help with:

urgently setting up an autonoma for my Spanish step daughter.
selling and buying a spanish property
tax advice relating to my UK limited company as I will be Spanish tax resident next year.

They offered that they could help with the autonoma as it was urgent and for the rest we could have an initial meeting.

Two weeks went by and they said that it looked complex and they'd be in touch at some future date. Another two weeks and nothing.

I've tried three other spanish business service provider companies without success. And yes I did make it clear I wanted to pay.

If I ever hear from anyone in Spain about this I'll put it here for sure but don't hold your breath :cool:

ps: I'll probably just take dividends and declare it as and when.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm also trying to figure out my situation (posted in another thread), so I have been making a lot of calls and I can share what I have found so far in regards to resources.

I called these 3 places:
strongabogados.com (quick call over the phone and gave me some suggestions)
spainwide.com (he is himelf an expat, very nice guy who took the time to go over everything with me over the phone)
blaw.es (I left a message and only contact was via email, gave me very little info and said they normally setup a meeting for 300 euros, but they came well recommended from an American tax company, they seem very pricey though)

I also decided to verify and info the above companies told me by calling the source itself:
Contacted Hacienda here:
901-33-55-33
They were really helpful over the phone

Finally, I also reached out to the Seguridad Social website and my only option was to fill out a form to be contacted via e-mail and I'm in the middle of that now.

I haven't decided on any company to use as of now and still putting all the pieces together, so I can't comment any further on the companies listed above other than the little time I spent talking to them.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Hello,

You could try Jordi Altayo (Altayo | PROFESIONALIDAD, EXCLUSIVIDAD, Y ATENCIÓN PERSONALIZADA) who has helped me in the past with tax advice. He's based in Barcelona, very central. But, it took a few calls to get an appointment, and his English button is faulty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts