Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I'm trying to find if or when I'm eligible for RSA & type of help I can get. I have a CDI & I make plus 1000 euros. My Titre De Sejour is up for renewal for the third time next June. & I'm the father of two beautiful children five & two years old who are French.
I need any extra cash I can get because I have a bank loan, alimony to my ex wife, rent, insurance... etc. I can't get a second job because I work Midi et Soir, around 44 hours a week.

Would anyone have an idea? Bev?!

Thanks guys.

Hassan

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Here is some information about the RSA:

Revenu de solidarité active (RSA) - Service-public.fr

You don't say whether your children live with you or with their mother. If you are a single parent bringing up young children you may be eligible for RSA. If they live with their mother, you probably pay a pension alimentaire towards their keep and if this means that your income is low you may also qualify.

You may also be entitled to help with your rent/house loan (allocation logement) and possibly other benefits.

I would adivse you to see an assistante sociale as soon as possible so that you can give a clear picture of your situation. The AS will tell you what you are entitled to in the way of reimbursable/non-reinbursable help.

You can ask for an appointment at your local Mairie.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts