Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI Friends
My PR is valid till Apr 7th 2021 and [email protected] AU.. I'm planning to travel India in Nov'2020.. I don't have clarity on return flights to AU or dates in Jan2021.. So just to be on safe side to re-enter AU without doubts or potential unforeseen issues

1) Is it a good idea to apply RRV now before 6 months of PR visa expiry? I completed 2 yrs of PR living last week only... So I believe I'm eligible for 155 - 5 yrs valid renewal
2) How long does it take to get RRV in current situation? any recent experiences?
3) In any worst case situation, If I want to apply from outside AU, what are the chances of getting approval and timelines.. (I'm just enquiring this worst case last scenario to be prepared..)

Please advise.

Thanks, Krish

·
Registered
911 Posts
HI Friends
My PR is valid till Apr 7th 2021 and [email protected] AU.. I'm planning to travel India in Nov'2020.. I don't have clarity on return flights to AU or dates in Jan2021.. So just to be on safe side to re-enter AU without doubts or potential unforeseen issues

1) Is it a good idea to apply RRV now before 6 months of PR visa expiry? I completed 2 yrs of PR living last week only... So I believe I'm eligible for 155 - 5 yrs valid renewal
2) How long does it take to get RRV in current situation? any recent experiences?
3) In any worst case situation, If I want to apply from outside AU, what are the chances of getting approval and timelines.. (I'm just enquiring this worst case last scenario to be prepared..)

Please advise.

Thanks, Krish
1. Not a good idea but you can still apply.
2. Processing time is 24 - 67 days.
3. As long as you meet the criteria for RRV, you can apply if from either offshore or onshore. So in short, same chances.

·
Registered
21,574 Posts
HI Friends

Please advise.

Thanks, Krish
1. No harm ..just 6 months wasted from 5 years
2. If you have completed 2 years in Australia, you should get it in a few moments to few hours
3. Generally applicants don’t take that risk, so no idea

Cheers

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1. No harm ..just 6 months wasted from 5 years
2. If you have completed 2 years in Australia, you should get it in a few moments to few hours
3. Generally applicants don’t take that risk, so no idea

Cheers
Thanks Mustafa, NB for quick replies..

Just 1 more clarification.. I've applied for offshore spouse (309/100) & Visitor visas(600) for my wife but both are "received" status and no progress due to current border situation.. so If I apply RRV, will there be any impact to both 309 & 600 visas as I'm the sponsor for both visas?

·
Registered
21,574 Posts
Thanks Mustafa, NB for quick replies..

Just 1 more clarification.. I've applied for offshore spouse (309/100) & Visitor visas(600) for my wife but both are "received" status and no progress due to current border situation.. so If I apply RRV, will there be any impact to both 309 & 600 visas as I'm the sponsor for both visas?
No impact

Cheers

·
Registered
34 Posts
Given one has completed the residence requirements, are RRVs still being processed within hours/a few days during this COVID pandemic?

Thank you

·
Registered
911 Posts
Given one has completed the residence requirements, are RRVs still being processed within hours/a few days during this COVID pandemic?

Thank you
I cannot say about hours but yes, you could get RRV in a day or two if you have satisficed residence requirement.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I cannot say about hours but yes, you could get RRV in a day or two if you have satisficed residence requirement.
Thank you so much. I was concerned because they may have directed resources away from RRV processing (to the travel exemption processing), and also because borders are closed.

Have we seen anyone get their RRV lately?

Thank you!

·
Registered
911 Posts
Thank you so much. I was concerned because they may have directed resources away from RRV processing (to the travel exemption processing), and also because borders are closed.

Have we seen anyone get their RRV lately?

Thank you!
Only handful of people apply for RRV to hard to tell

1 - 9 of 9 Posts