Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have every intention to move to Australia. Currently, i am offshore and the Travel Facility of my PR is expiring on June 30 and I want to apply for RRV, as I want to delay going to Australia, even it’s a couple of months but without any risk.

I don’t meet the substantial ties criteria as I have lived only 12 days in the past 5 years in Australia. I am assuming I might get rejected or be granted a 3 month RRV or 1 year at max.

Possible reasons range from travel date uncertainty due to the current situation, quarantine waiting for wife 309 partner visa, existing employer to give bonus in July/august, etc.

Question. I want to know in which month should I apply for the RRV (considering my PR travel facility expiry is in June 30) ? considering I don’t want to travel before June.
However, I don’t want to end up in a situation where RRV is rejected and PR travel facility also expired.

·
Registered
22,848 Posts
I have every intention to move to Australia. Currently, i am offshore and the Travel Facility of my PR is expiring on June 30 and I want to apply for RRV, as I want to delay going to Australia, even it’s a couple of months but without any risk.

I don’t meet the substantial ties criteria as I have lived only 12 days in the past 5 years in Australia. I am assuming I might get rejected or be granted a 3 month RRV or 1 year at max.

Possible reasons range from travel date uncertainty due to the current situation, quarantine waiting for wife 309 partner visa, existing employer to give bonus in July/august, etc.

Question. I want to know in which month should I apply for the RRV (considering my PR travel facility expiry is in June 30) ? considering I don’t want to travel before June.
However, I don’t want to end up in a situation where RRV is rejected and PR travel facility also expired.
It can take 3 months for the RRV application to be processed
You have to take one risk or the other
Apply too soon and the 3 months RRV gets wasted and apply late and RRV gets rejected, you can’t enter Australia
Cheers

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It can take 3 months for the RRV application to be processed
You have to take one risk or the other
Apply too soon and the 3 months RRV gets wasted and apply late and RRV gets rejected, you can’t enter Australia
Cheers
In your opinion what are my chances of getting 1 Year RRV ?

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
In your opinion what are my chances of getting 1 Year RRV ?
To satisfy the criteria on 1 year RRV you must demonstrate substantial ties that benefit Australia.

You must provide documents that show evidence of your substantial ties. Your ties must be both substantial and of benefit to Australia.
Tell Department, in a statement, how the ties are substantial and of benefit to Australia.
Attach documents showing your substantial ties to Australia to your application. Examples of documents you can attach are:

Business ties documents
  • company reports defining your role and authority
  • business transactions
  • partnership or joint venture agreements
  • contracts showing your signature
  • business or personal records.
Cultural ties documents
  • publications written by you
  • contracts
  • evidence of membership of cultural associations
  • newspaper articles about you
  • programs listing your artistic or cultural performances.
Employment ties documents
  • employment contracts
  • recent official documents such as group certificates
  • employee identification or security pass.
Personal ties documents
Substantial personal ties may be of benefit to Australia if the applicant is, or has been, a participating member of the Australian community and economy, and their ties enrich the lives of individual Australian residents and citizens.
Substantial personal ties may be that you regard Australia as home or have an intention to reside in Australia. Examples of this is;
  1. You have a history of long-term residence in Australia, spent your formative years in Australia or have spent a significant amount of time in Australia since first being granted a permanent visa
  2. You have an Australian citizen partner or, in the case of a minor child, Australian citizen parent, who has previously lived in Australia.
  3. You have one or more Australian citizen minor children living in Australia (including at boarding school) where no legal impediment to access exists.
  4. You are returning to Australia after living overseas with your family unit, including Australian citizen minor children.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts