Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Member,

Me, my husband (primary app) and two kids got our PR in Aug-12 and moved in permanently in April -13. We have been residing in Australia for the last 6 months. Now my husband has a got a new job offer (Australian co.) which requires him to be posted outside Australia.

I have read the various posts regarding RRVs and the criterion. My question is if my husband opts for a Fly in Fly out arrangement with the company, where he works overseas for a few months and then comes back to Australia to spend few months; and by doing so manages to add up the 2/5 year requirement, will he be able to qualify for RRV? While at the same time me and my kids continue to live in Australia. I have local employment as well.

This question might sound similar but from what I have read each RRV situation is unique.
Your kind advise would be much appreciated.
Kind Regards

G

·
If you and the kids are in Australia and he is vack & forth working for an Australian company you should all be fine. To get a RRV. Not as easy for citizenship but you can worry about that later.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you for that info...much appreciated...however just to check...I do understand there is a lot of time for citizenship but if my hubby's work arrangement were to continue like this, how difficult would it be to get citizenship? What would be the hindrances? Is it possible that me and kids can apply for citizenship (as we were living here continuously) and my hubbs to apply for it later? Or, do we have to do it together?

Kind regards

G

·
You all apply independently when you qualify, your husband may qualify later but then he may have gained a different job by then anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts