Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
I have written my ACS RPL report :) and I have obtained 17 years of references to support my experience. I know that ACS will look for the earliest that my skills requirement has been met and 8 years will be removed from my experience.

Does anyone know if they also look at the 4 Core & General essays that you have to write to determine when those core and general skills areas have been met also?

I am writing about 17 years of experience and am unsure whether I should just focus all of my effort and examples on the first 8 years rather than covering more recent roles and risk them saying I simply met the skills last year etc...

Thanks!

·
Registered
367 Posts
I do not believe the earliest skill met date is based on the timelines of your RPL examples.

The first 6 or 8 years would be subtracted and the rest of the years will be evaluated to see if they fit the code that you have nominated yourself for. And that evaluation is based on the roles and responsibilities listed in your reference letters.

Of the total four essays, two belong to Section 1 and 2 each.

Quoting from Section 2 of the project report template

"Of the two reports, one must pertain to a project undertaken within the last three years, and the other for a project within the last five years."

Therefore for Section 2 atleast you cannot give examples that are not within the last five years.

Just to be clear - 8 years is taken off your total years of experience only if you do not have a diploma or degree of any kind.

Hope that helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts