Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to apply for ACS assessment, but it still unclear to me whether I should go the RPL route or not.

My credentials:
  • 12 years of work experience as 'Developer' (Jun 03 - Sep 14).
  • No tertiary qualifications.
  • Diploma (MCSD: Web Applications) awarded in Feb this year.

My question is, if I submit RPL, will ACS:

1. Acknowledges the diploma, but according to RPL deduct 8 years to meet the skill level, consider the remaining 4 as "skilled employment", OR;
  2. Consider the Diploma as ICT Major and deduct 5 years to meet the skill level, but no "skilled employment" since the diploma was awarded only recently.

According to #1, I can claim 10 points for Diploma and 5 for employment, which is great. However, with #2 I can only claim 10 points for Diploma, and no points for employment.

What do you think is more likely to happen, #1 or #2?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump. No one in a similar situation?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey 3br4h!m,

I am wondering how this worked out for you?

I am in a virtually identical situation (12 3/4 years verifiable Software Development experience, no degree - just passed MCSD) and just trying to understand my options with respect to ACS & points.

English: 10 points

Problem is I can see RPL (12.75 - 8 years) will currently give me 55 points, or alternatively using MCSD will only be deemed qualified as today - 60 points.

Neither of which are enough currently as points requirement is 65 for Programmer category.

Many thanks,
OMP

·
Registered
2 Posts
To follow up,

I see you've posted elsewhere (http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...ing-australia/885970-acs-assessment-mcsd.html) about doing RPL and using MCSD Diploma.

Did you follow this route? If so, did you have any difficulties? (beyond compiling the RPL Project Reports!)

Hoping I can follow same route and get:

Work experience via RPL: 12.75 - 8 years = 5 points
Diploma = 10 points

Which would give me what I need, a total of 65 points.

OMP

1 - 4 of 4 Posts