Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I moved here recently and am kind of keen on getting back in a boat. I rowed at school but havent really done much since then, but would love to get back into it. Does anybody know of any clubs? Ideally around the Marina which is where I live. Initially i'm not looking for competition, more social rowing - 8s, 4s or quads.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Hi there, I moved here recently and am kind of keen on getting back in a boat. I rowed at school but havent really done much since then, but would love to get back into it. Does anybody know of any clubs? Ideally around the Marina which is where I live. Initially i'm not looking for competition, more social rowing - 8s, 4s or quads. Thanks!
A girl in the office rows.
Think it's down at the marina somewhere. Not sure what the club's called...

Not much help, but confirms you CAN row......

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well thank you Vantage. Very helpful. Of course I googled it. But cant find much and thought that perhaps members might have personal recommendations of rowing clubs. Silly me. I had assumed that this was the point of this site? Clearly not in your view.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Well thank you Vantage. Very helpful. Of course I googled it. But cant find much and thought that perhaps members might have personal recommendations of rowing clubs. Silly me. I had assumed that this was the point of this site? Clearly not in your view.
Steady on, just being a but flippant!
Your original post did suggest you were not aware of any rowing in Dubai.....!

As far as rowing goes, all the island building has massively reduced any waves anywhere near Dubai.
More flat water than you could imagine.

Hope you find it!

·
Registered
54 Posts
As far as I know there is no rowing in bigger boats in Dubai...only 1x and 2x

However, I did find this -
Montys rowing school

...and there is an 8+ on the front page (is it a Vesp or an Empacher?)

However they haven't updated their news since 2011

If you contact them then do let me know what you find out...I am still at my racing weight and would be keen to get back in an 8+!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, I'd be keen to join with a 4 or 8 on the weekends. Do update the post if anything fruitful comes from the search.

Henry

1 - 8 of 8 Posts