Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I are US citizens, she has a Tier 4 visa for her PhD studies and just moved to the UK. I am applying for my Tier 4 dependent visa to join her in a few months and had a few questions about 'proving' that our marriage is real. Obviously I will be including our marriage certificate, but in addition to that:

- How many photos of us over the years should I include? Also, these are all digital, do I just print them off of Facebook and attach a little note indicating the date and location?
- We lived together in the US, should I include a lease with both our names on it, or is that too extraneous?
- When we are apart, we Skype, should I include those logs? How many?
- Ditto above for emails, we exchange emails basically daily when we're apart, how many of those should I include? Also, do I just print out the emails and Skype calls, or do they need to be verified somehow?

Basically, I know I could overwhelm the application with relationship proof, but I figure at a certain point less is more, especially since I'm from a 'low risk' nationality, and I'm not applying for settlement or indefinite leave, but just to join her for the duration of her visa.

Thanks anyone for advice, please let me know if you need additional information from me.

·
Registered
39,124 Posts
For dependant's visa, you don't really need a lot of proofs of relationship (it's not a settlement visa and you are expected to go home after your partner's studies).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wonderful, thank you Joppa. Perhaps I will just do the marriage certificate then. That is, as I understand it, the minimum required. I just didn't want it to be rejected for lack of proof, when I have so much.

·
Registered
19 Posts
- How many photos of us over the years should I include? Also, these are all digital, do I just print them off of Facebook and attach a little note indicating the date and location?
I am not as good as Joppa, but when I applied for my Spouse Visa, I did the following:

I put all the pics taken (maybe 1 per month or so, a few clingy ones over V-day and anniversaries) over years into a powerpoint, then I printed the pptx out as an attachment. In which I put the dates and locations under each picture. As time conusming it was, it worked. Hope it helps if you decide to go in extra length! :)

·
Registered
39,124 Posts
Spouse (settlement?) visa is totally different from dependant visa for Tier 4 student visa.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.