Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've just submitted the EOI after a surprisingly quick turnaround from the ACS (a matter of days, compared to the 12 weeks we were led to believe) and I'm just wondering how long a visa application tends to take nowadays (obviously this would be after we apply if the EOI goes well).

I've done some very quick browsing and seen some people say it takes only a few months, with it mainly being dependant on how quickly you can get police and health checks through (and any other information). Once you've been assigned a case worker, it seems to go through quite quickly.

I thought it would take 9 to 12 months from submission date (though were told 6 months if we're lucky). Also, I believe there are certain dates now when the Australian government examine their next lot of applicants - does anyone know what these dates are?

Thanks.

·
Registered
960 Posts
These days it's difficult to predict the timings due to visa ceiling, but generally you can expect your visa anywhere between 45-90 days.

·
Registered
195 Posts
We've just submitted the EOI after a surprisingly quick turnaround from the ACS (a matter of days, compared to the 12 weeks we were led to believe) and I'm just wondering how long a visa application tends to take nowadays (obviously this would be after we apply if the EOI goes well).

I've done some very quick browsing and seen some people say it takes only a few months, with it mainly being dependant on how quickly you can get police and health checks through (and any other information). Once you've been assigned a case worker, it seems to go through quite quickly.

I thought it would take 9 to 12 months from submission date (though were told 6 months if we're lucky). Also, I believe there are certain dates now when the Australian government examine their next lot of applicants - does anyone know what these dates are?

Thanks.
It took roughly 8 weeks from payment made to direct grant. We are a family of five and I even mixed up the DOB of two of my kids and had to get it corrected :)

Check the visa tracker to keep track of the grants given:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...ROUlZ0bThIaUF2VW9zdUZmMlE&usp=sharing#gid=277

Cheers

Reactions: djmcbell

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks both of you. We've still got a few things (non-visa related i.e. selling the house) to think about, but I think we're only going to do them once the visa comes through (if it comes through - must remember, there is no guarantee). After all, we've still got a year once it comes through to move out or renew it.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Thanks both of you. We've still got a few things (non-visa related i.e. selling the house) to think about, but I think we're only going to do them once the visa comes through (if it comes through - must remember, there is no guarantee). After all, we've still got a year once it comes through to move out or renew it.
The IED is governed not only by the visa grant date, but also the dates of police clearances, medicals and passport expiry dates. You may get less than 1 yr after the grant to make initial entry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts