Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I am aware that these questions that i am looking to get answered will vary but this is just to give me a rough guide on monthly outgoings. How much roughly would i expect to pay for the following if i was living in Malaga area. Also would there be any other outgoings tha i havent mentioned.

Electricity
Gas
Water
Health Care
Phone/internet (connection only)
House Insurance
Pool Maintenance

Thank you very much, should be coming out on the 8th october to have a look at some differnet areas cant wait. :clap2:

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
Hi there,

I am aware that these questions that i am looking to get answered will vary but this is just to give me a rough guide on monthly outgoings. How much roughly would i expect to pay for the following if i was living in Malaga area. Also would there be any other outgoings tha i havent mentioned.

Electricity
Gas
Water
Health Care
Phone/internet (connection only)
House Insurance
Pool Maintenance

Thank you very much, should be coming out on the 8th october to have a look at some differnet areas cant wait. :clap2:

I cant really give you specific pricings, partly cos they vary so much and partly cos I'm totally disorganised LOL I can tell you that I have an allowance of 1500 pounds (exchange rate makes it around 1600€ ish..?????) a month for me, my two children and three small dogs, that includes everything accept house insurance and the school fees, but it does cover the running costs of my car and its just about enough (more would be better tho lol). Oh, I smoke, but I dont drink! When my OH comes over (he commutes) then we do the going out and spending :eyebrows:

Pool maintenance IMO is a waste of money, if I can bring a green pool back to life and maintain it, then you dont need a person to come in if you live there

Alhaurin de la torre, where I live is in the malaga province, about 20 mins from the city, airport etc

Jo xxxx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I cant really give you specific pricings, partly cos they vary so much and partly cos I'm totally disorganised LOL I can tell you that I have an allowance of 1500 pounds (exchange rate makes it around 1600€ ish..?????) a month for me, my two children and three small dogs, that includes everything accept house insurance and the school fees, but it does cover the running costs of my car and its just about enough (more would be better tho lol). Oh, I smoke, but I dont drink! When my OH comes over (he commutes) then we do the going out and spending :eyebrows:

Pool maintenance IMO is a waste of money, if I can bring a green pool back to life and maintain it, then you dont need a person to come in if you live there

Alhaurin de la torre, where I live is in the malaga province, about 20 mins from the city, airport etc

Jo xxxx

Thanks Jojo, sounds good think i will take our advice about the pool once youve seen it done one then shouldnt be a problem. i have been looking into the school where you send your kids. Do you know what the Mayfair school i ment to be like. Another thing is a car, i will sell my own back home and get on over there, are there plenty of decent garages i have been on line but cant find any prob looking in wrong places, also what are they like about giving you finance on cars would you know about that.

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
I've not heard the Mayfair school??? neither have my kids??

Cars!! Well, there are many garages around, getting finance isnt something I know much about but you can bet it wont be easy, especially in this economic climate. You would have to have an NIE number, residencia, proof of earnings.. but thats all I know. I sold my car in the UK and used the money to fund my car here. Second hand cars in Spain were dear by comparison with the UK, but that may have changed??? The paperwork to buy a car is horrendous and what we did in the end was go to a main dealer who dealt with everything for us, it may have cost a little more, but not only is the paperwork difficult and costly, but there are issues with second hand cars, they keep their finance with them and you can end up owing money that had nowt to do with you????

Anyway, what we did was look around at what the most popular car was on the road, especially what the taxis were Citroen Picasso's were everywhere, leading us to believe they must be the most hardy and cheapest to repair, so we went to a citroen garage and we have a citroen picasso that I've done my best to destroy, but its still going bless it LOL!!!!

My advise would be wherever you go to buy a car, watch out for British car dealers, each and everyone we visited tried to rip us off!!!!

Jo xxx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.