Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi: Can anyone help me please. I would like to make a risotto.
Which rice can I buy here in Spain for my risotto.

Regards Rita:confused2:

·
Registered
33,612 Posts

Risotto is an italian dish and I guess should be made with italian rice, dunno which that would be or whether it matters that much. Have you tried googling??

Jo xxx

·
Registered
2,049 Posts

Hi Rita!

No probs to get hold of it - it's arborio rice "Arroz arborio" (same in Italian and Spanish) - easily found in the shops/supermarkets - it's a short grain, rounded and porous rice - just check out the selections on the shelves and you'll see it! Yummy!

Tallulah.x:)

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
And now, whilst we're on cooking - if anyone can let me know of a suitable equivalent to Tate & Lyle's black treacle here in Spain, I'd be most grateful! :D

Thanks,
Tallulah.xx

·
Registered
19,449 Posts
And now, whilst we're on cooking - if anyone can let me know of a suitable equivalent to Tate & Lyle's black treacle here in Spain, I'd be most grateful! :D

Thanks,
Tallulah.xx
The nearest I've got is melaza from a herbolario

What are you making!!??

Sounds good already :caked: :laugh:

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
The nearest I've got is melaza from a herbolario

What are you making!!??

Sounds good already :caked: :laugh:
Well, it's for two things I need it for. My last supply was used up by the end of the holidays, making ginger cakes (you know the ones which have a sticky topping?) and I'll be needing it to make the christmas cake, which I usually make in late October and then "feed" every couple of weeks with brandy to make it really rich. Thanks very much for that, PW - I'll have a hunt for that here (I guess it's what they call molasses elsewhere??) and have a trial run.

Tally.xxx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.