Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Riots

3K views 30 replies 8 participants last post by  bidrod 
#1 ·
Follow-up to the Protests of Covid 19 thread as it has now been hijacked to riots. This is a quote and very applicable one.

"It should be obvious to all by now that this has little to do with the flash point that was the tragic death of George Floyd. What we are seeing now is organized insurrection against President Trump who, quite obviously, is set to win reelection if the voting process is left up to the American people. The panic-stricken Left - from the United Nations to the Vatican to the American Bishops to the Gates Foundation to the Democrat Party - is running out of options to unseat Donald Trump in November. And so, they are resorting to acts of desperation involving support for movements that advocate violence, looting, death and destruction."

This is a direct quote from THE REMNANT news and the article is OPEN LETTER to DONALD TRUMP if some would like o search and read the entire piece. It is a bit long but has some very interesting info in it.

Fred

#2 ·
I read it, and some of the other articles from this "The Remnant News". It's a bit of a conspiratory theory. Everyone's fault but his.
To be honest, I don't think Trump requires all of these enemies to keep him out of the White House in November; he's doing a great self destruct job all by himself. He's certainly not a diplomat, but neither are some other heads of state.

He seems to denounce everyone who has a different opinion from his own. Quite soon he will run out of NEW people and organisations to blame. This seems to me like he is preparing the ground for when he actually loses the re-election; "I lost because NATO, The Pope, The Bishops, The Democrats, The virus, WHO, Catholics, non Catholics and the rest of the world didn't want me re-elected."

The riots in the USA and most of the world started because of the death of one man; they have now morphed into something else. There seems to be multiple reasons now for the demonstrations / riots; and there is no one single reason.
There are people protesting against racism, others just want to rob and cause mayhem. I suspect that there are others who are tired of the governments and their one-sided rules and lockdowns. I don't think the world is concerned with Trump apart from thinking why doesn't he follow his own covid 19 rules and wear a mask, especially when he wandered around a mask factory causing that entire batch of masks to be destroyed after he left. John

#5 ·
That's a very big statement art. I am not from your country and really have no right to comment but one must look back through the history of your country.

I have this same problem with my better half and his love for a regime that lasted 21 years and stripped the people of wealth/opportunity and human rights. The funny thing is he (better half) wasn't born until 1990.......... political beliefs handed down from a brainwashed family? We recently watched a doco on that period which opened his eyes to not only what was happening here but the rest of the world turning a blind eye,,,,,,,,,,,self interests and opportunities at the expense of the Filipino people.

Only my observation that will get me into trouble here but I have to add that Ronald Mc Donald's brother has been found.

While the rest of the world tries to dictate to Australia, China at the moment, going over like a lead balloon and won't be taken lightly by the Australian people. We are a small but proud country and our rallies here ( for their own agendas) were mostly peaceful with no looting or riots, other countries? The current pandemic? Australia has had no deaths for over 2 weeks and today announced no new cases, few countries can boast such leadership and open solidarity from the citizens.

Any way I'm not sorry for what I have said as that's my opinion and have on numerous times tried to put it into delicate words so as not to p*ss some people off.

Cheers, Steve.

#6 ·
hey Steve,

Everybody has the right to their own opinion. Yes I agree I made a big statement. I have gone through several presidents. Just about all spent out tax money with other countries and didn't care about the citizens of this country. President Trump has the upmost respect for America and the CITIZENS of this country. I believe everything he is doing is trying to benefit the American people.

EXAMPLE: He told Honduras, Guatemala and mexico if you want our millions of dollars for aid then you will do your part in controlling the illegal crossings. WELL, THEY GOT THE MESSAGE!!

the other presidents before him just gave them the money without them doing anything to earn it!!!

art

#7 ·
Thanks art and let's hope it works so you don't get knocked off the pedestal. All countries give aid to those in need, different levels but relative to what is affordable to ones country. The worry should be firstly knocking over C-19 followed by number 2's current efforts. A sincerely dire situation and predicament that won't be easy to overcome given the lack of transparency and manipulations dividing many countries, I said this before " it's time for a lot of solidarity from threatened countries", time for western countries to unite against what is now unfolding, I may be wrong but there was another country that travelled this path prior toward war 2. That ended nastily and god forbid we never venture down that path again.
I am definitely not aligned with any political party nor country, my own included. The continued prosperity of "our world" currently hangs in the balance and requires strong leaders to unite and not divide as is happening in some countries.
As said in other posts I would dearly like to see my children and grandchildren living in a world with a future.

OMO.

Cheers, Steve.

#14 ·
And the sun shining out of his a*rse comes from a constitution that people follow and never question because it is their right....... Is it some time on? Time for change? As an outsider/observer worrying about the short comings of my own country and there are plenty I see disasters befalling a divided country, your country art, my country also for different scenarios. Short and long term your/our number 2 is rubbing their balls watching the walls fall.
#2 is laying the hard word on Oz, we won't take their sh1t and as said in another contribution it is time for all democratic and liberal countries to say no.
I think #2 played their hand too soon. Hope so.

OMO.

Cheers, Steve

#19 ·
Bitching yes? No? Or an observation based on the apparently bias media (according to some) thrown at all countries living rooms, a sad situation, put out relentlessly and unforgivingly blocking our local news and media as the worlds #1 country appears to be in trouble and it rolls on.
Perhaps the US needs to lower itself and standards to other unnamed countries protocols so the rest of the bitches can't see the problems and won't "*****", myself call it an opinion and as a free man have a right to express that in a free world (until it is not) and an open forum as long as I follow the forums protocols. As a politician I would be a lot more diplomatic and work the crowd like some clowns do.

I could say worse about my own country as well as yours, even Gary's but I don't want to risk being booted over a differing of opinion or perceived innuendos.
I think Gary summed it up but hey OMO and we will all see how this plays out, hopefully for the betterment of mankind but other countries have different agendas and they are the ones to watch.

OMO Chuck.

Cheers, Steve.

#16 · (Edited)
WOW! It seems we get a lot of negative replies about the President of the USA from the UK people. I wonder why is that? I live here in the USA and see first hand what this president has done and is trying to accomplished.

Just my opinion. But of course I am a REPUBLICAN!!!! hahahahhaha ( At least he is working for free. He donated his salary. I think 1 other president did that years ago)

BY THE WAY!!!! I don't live in the UK so I have nothing bad to say about how they run their countries.

art

#17 ·
BY THE WAY!!!! I don't live in the UK so I have nothing bad to say about how they run their countries.

art
Haha, please feel free to say anything bad about the UK.
People actually living in a country often have a blinkered rose tinted view. Outsiders sometimes offer fresh ideas.
The current UK PM is a known liar who was sacked from his job as a journalist for making up stories and lying, he was also sacked by a former PM for telling lies. Apart from that he often comes out with very racist remarks.
The UK PM is ….. rubbish.
John

#22 ·
You are correct you all can have an opinion! Whether your opinion is worth a damn is up to the individual hearing/reading it. The US fought two wars against Great Britain so we would not have to follow their rules or heed their opinions! We also joined two WWs so many would not have to speak German or Japanese today. We have our problems and will solve them on our own as we have for over 240 years. GB seems to have a Muslim problem that has not been resolved yet plus other issues to worry about such as Brexit. Australia still seems to be figuring out the indigenous problem to everyone's satisfaction plus other issues, which I am sure Steve could expound on. Canada still is trying to figure out if they are French or British, indigenous(First Nation) problem. Bottom line to me is I will worry and work on the problems in the USA and maybe others should take care of their own countries problems before opining on other countries problems!

You may feel POTUS is the most powerful man on the planet but I disagree. A few countries have enough nuclear weapons to destroy the planet so in some respects their leaders are just as powerful. Luckily mutual destruction has prevented having to test the theory. Actions/non-actions by many countries or groups of countries determine the actions taken by the POTUS. So again outside factors influence/determine the USA course of action. JMHO

Chuck

#25 ·
hey John1850

Have you seen the rally figures for the Tulsa, Ok event? there has been 1 million tickets requested and sent out for people to come to the rally this Saturday. So, I think a lot of people in this country thinks he is doing everything he can for us. (INCLUDING ME!!) There has never been such a show of support of this magnitude in the history of the USA. They are working on the rally now to accommodate as many as possible. This was a total surprise for the republican party to get such a number of people wanting to hear Mr. President Trump SPEAK! WOW! 1,000,000 people.

art

Art

#27 ·
No matter country, for a leader to suggest/imply that supreme court judges can/will be replaced with those aligned with his/her own thinking? I'm going to take my bat and ball and go home bi*ches.
The divisions in any country are only united by a strong leader for the betterment of all the people,,,,, even the ones that didn't vote for the party.
The divisions and arrogance in many countries can be easily seen with the control of C-19.
This topic is getting old and there will be no winners, only opinions but history will record and in the mean time let's hope we we all learn.

OMO.

Cheers, Steve.

#28 ·
No matter country, for a leader to suggest/imply that supreme court judges can/will be replaced with those aligned with his/her own thinking?

Cheers, Steve.
That is the way it has always been in the U.S. Supreme Court Justices are appointed by presidents. Why would a president appoint one with views far different than his own?

#31 ·
Steve,

SCOTUS did not say DACA was legal! They said the correct process was not followed to uphold the case. Yet the correct process seems not to have been followed when it was enacted by Obama. It was an Executive Order only. If Trump is reelected the case will be refiled maybe even before the election and the case will prosper!

Chuck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.