Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Total points scored by me for Australian Immigration under Subclass 190 is 70 as per evalutaion report by a consultant . Will I get a stand a decent chance of getting an ivitaion to apply for PR?

What are the other ways where I can improve my score ?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Would you mind posting here about how your consultant came up with the score? Only then we will be able to suggest anything.

If your occupation comes under SOL, it would be better to apply for 189 visa and with a score of 65 without the state sponsorship points, you have a good chance to receive an invitation. As per my knowledge, each state may have some criteria for invitation that includes giving preference to those with higher scores. I still feel 70 is a good score to get a state sponsorship.

Total points scored by me for Australian Immigration under Subclass 190 is 70 as per evalutaion report by a consultant . Will I get a stand a decent chance of getting an ivitaion to apply for PR?

·
Registered
960 Posts

Have you appeared by IELTS/PTE already ? Is your skills assessment completed already ? How has your consultant calculated 70, don't fall for the fancy picture painted by these consultants. 70 is not impossible, but keep an eye on reality.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
riksy

MY IELTS is 7 and my work experience comes under SOL. and as per consultants evaluation my score would be 70 under Sub class 190.
Evaluation is based on Age -33, Education- MBA in Finance Work Experience - ICT business Consultant - 8.9 years.

kindly confirm will I stand a chance to receive PR invitation ?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Rameshkd is right in saying that consultants always paint a very rosy picture initially. It is only when you get to the actual processing level that you will confront the reality. When I started with mine, the consultant actually calculated 75 points but in reality, it was only 60. So be careful and don't blindly believe these consultants. Be assured that you get all your information here on this forum. If you are going ahead with the consultant, always cross check with the community as it will later on help you to not make any costly mistakes.

I just stated few facts that I myself have experienced but not to discourage you.

As per your consultant, if your occupation is in SOL, why are they not recommending that you go for 168 visa?

The points calculation according to the details you have given so far is

Education: 15
Experience: max 15 (depending on how the skill assessment goes and if you get full points. Usually there is a few yrs experience deduction taken into account by your skill assessment agency based on how relevant is your education with your roles and responsibilities etc.)
English - 10 (for score 7 minimum in all components)

State sponsorship - 5

You can apply for 189 visa giving you more flexibility.

MY IELTS is 7 and my work experience comes under SOL. and as per consultants evaluation my score would be 70 under Sub class 190.
Evaluation is based on Age -33, Education- MBA in Finance Work Experience - ICT business Consultant - 8.9 years.

kindly confirm will I stand a chance to receive PR invitation ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you so much. However I will meeting my consultant for counseling this Saturday and will put forth your points.

If there is any additional info please keep me posted.

once again thanks a ton

·
Registered
125 Posts

As per your consultant, if your occupation is in SOL, why are they not recommending that you go for 168 visa?
Sorry 189 visa..

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Hopefully your consultant is a MARA registered migration agent? I'd ask him to walk you through the points calculation as 70 points seems generous. What occupation will you be applying under? If it's an IT occupation, you won't get many points for experience since your degree is not relevant and you may need to submit an RPL.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts