Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My employer is asking me an official document that states I am allowed to work as long as my passport is within the Home Office. I did provide the letter I received from the Home Office with the case reference number but they said it is not enough.
Could you please help? Thanks in advance.

Raf

·
Registered
39,085 Posts
Certificate of Application if it states you are allowed to work (some do but not all), or the actual residence card.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
The reference letter does not state anything about me being allowed to work, it only covers information regarding the process of my application and not making travel arrangements.
I do not hold a residence card neither.
Any advice or links I could rely on?
Thank you very much.

·
Registered
39,085 Posts
Where are you at the moment?
Have you applied for residence card on EEA2?
How do you qualify for residence card/

·
Registered
39,085 Posts
OK. If your employer insists on written evidence of your entitlement to work, you either need certificate of application stating you can work, or residence card (which also tells about your work entitlement). Even if you get your passport back, few employers are convinced you can work, esp as it expires after only 6 months.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Joppa,

I have spoken to the HR and they requested some evidence "statements" from the UKBA website that states my right to work while my visa is being processed.

Indeed, I did find such info which was satisfactory. I thank you once again for your quick replies.

Have a nice weekend :D

Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.