Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Recieved grant for Subclass 189 on 30th apr 2015.

I and my husband,we both are software engineers.We are planning to quit our jobs and move to Australia in August.

Would like to know during which time of the year the market for IT jobs is good and whether the idea of migrating in August is good or bad in terms of job openings.

Thank you.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Hello,

I and my husband,we both are software engineers.We are planning to quit our jobs and move to Australia in August.

Would like to know during which time of the year the market for IT jobs is good and whether the idea of migrating in August is good or bad in terms of job openings.

Thank you.
There are various other active threads on this forum on this topic. Use the search function to locate those threads.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Rameshkd,

Thank you for the reply.

Could not find an recent / active thread specific to Software engineer.

It would be great if you could share the link.

Thanks in Advance.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hello.. the best time is February -March and June-September. But it is not easy to tell anything specifically as job search depends on a lot of factors, luck is also an important parameter

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Hello,

Thank you.
There is no right and wrong time in IT to find job however only exception is December. Most of the IT jobs are contractual in nature and lasts between 3-6 months. So taken this into consideration August is perfect time!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I agree December is the exception. August seems the good time. However would be good if you can do your research and analysis before applying for the job. It includes like streamlining resumes, reach your network, streamline LinkedIN profile, get reference on your linkedIN, get the list of consultant and drop them a mail with your expected arrival date and if possible try to reach prospective employers directly instead of going through consultants.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts