Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone give advice on insuring an old RH drive banger on spanish plates please? Abbeygate still charging the same price as last 8 years! linea Direct have not returned our requested call......yet. hope ive posted this in the right place?!:confused:

·
Registered
5,690 Posts
anyone give advice on insuring an old RH drive banger on spanish plates please? Abbeygate still charging the same price as last 8 years! linea Direct have not returned our requested call......yet. hope ive posted this in the right place?!:confused:
Depends where you are really
Up here Knights Insurance, you'd need to check they cover where you are

·
Registered
552 Posts
We have a 19 year old diesel Range Rover, RH drive which I've had since new and is a treasured friend. We brought it over with us in 2000 when we retired and put it on Spanish plates, the insurance premium, circa €150 per annum, hasn't changed in the last 5 years. We are with Liberty Seguros. I assume that's as low as it goes!
Any help?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Car insurance

We have a 19 year old diesel Range Rover, RH drive which I've had since new and is a treasured friend. We brought it over with us in 2000 when we retired and put it on Spanish plates, the insurance premium, circa €150 per annum, hasn't changed in the last 5 years. We are with Liberty Seguros. I assume that's as low as it goes!
Any help?
It most certainly does! 349 euros fully comp, breakdown 2 careful mature (!) drivers.

Is this comparable to Liberty siguros terms?

Is it possible to pay by direct debit in Spain?

Ta muchly, really appreciate any help!

D

·
0 Posts
It most certainly does! 349 euros fully comp, breakdown 2 careful mature (!) drivers.

Is this comparable to Liberty siguros terms?

Is it possible to pay by direct debit in Spain?

Ta muchly, really appreciate any help!

I tried quite a few recently. I was very happy with this guy. His quote was much cheaper than the previous quotes and good customer service too.

Email him with your (and your cars) relevant details and see what he can do !

[email protected]

Seguros agentes Cádiz. KFM Insurance

Best of luck.

Danny

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers for this Danny,

I've sent all details by email and will let you know how we get on.

Much appreciated!

:)

·
Registered
5,992 Posts
Depends where you are really
Up here Knights Insurance, you'd need to check they cover where you are
Surely location is irrelevant? All insurers will cover any where in Spain?

We have a RHD peugeot and have never had any problems getting insurance - try the Spanish insurers, you might be surprised at how competitive they are now.

·
Administrator
35,891 Posts
Surely location is irrelevant? All insurers will cover any where in Spain?

We have a RHD peugeot and have never had any problems getting insurance - try the Spanish insurers, you might be surprised at how competitive they are now.
do you know, my first thought was 'what's wrong with Spanish insurers?'

I did wonder if they wouldn't insure RHD, but couldn't think why not if the car was on Spanish plates :confused2:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cost prohibitive I'm afraid, we tried that years ago, got ridiculous quotes, became complacent and stick with current insurer, whose price has stayed static for the last 7 years, despite no claims. Just need to save a few bob!

·
Registered
5,992 Posts
Cost prohibitive I'm afraid, we tried that years ago, got ridiculous quotes, became complacent and stick with current insurer, whose price has stayed static for the last 7 years, despite no claims. Just need to save a few bob!
Are you saying that 'English' insurers in Spain are cheaper then? If so, then I think you might be surprised now - it's very competitive but make sure that you get a like-for-like quote.

Many Brit ex-pats insist on having the same type of insurance they were used to back in England and that's not how it works in Spain!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts