Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hola,

Living on a tropical island in the middle of an enormous lake, in the middle of Nicaragua, in the middle of Central America leads to some comical situations for two retired school teachers. You could call us Boomer Economic Refugees because for the past 15 years, we have been searching for a cheap, safe, and quirky retirement spot in the world. We found it on Ometepe Island, Nicaragua.

Our passions are living cheaply in total cultural immersion (no gated ****** compounds for us), volunteering, gardening, kayaking, tropical construction, and writing. We are global citizens without borders.

If you are interested in exploring our retirement adventures please do a Google search for Rewired and Retired in Nicaragua. I have a Wordpress blog, but I am not permitted to attach a link here until I have 5 posts. Sorry.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am very interested in how you all are getting on. We are planning a trip to check out the area. There are so many questions and concerns. If you can give us any help we would sure appreciate it.
Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
going on our first visit

Debbie, We are headed for Nic in a month. Very excited. Only will be there for 10 days. I am trying to get some names of real estate people and lawyers that help with relocation? Any suggestions?

Hola,

Living on a tropical island in the middle of an enormous lake, in the middle of Nicaragua, in the middle of Central America leads to some comical situations for two retired school teachers. You could call us Boomer Economic Refugees because for the past 15 years, we have been searching for a cheap, safe, and quirky retirement spot in the world. We found it on Ometepe Island, Nicaragua.

Our passions are living cheaply in total cultural immersion (no gated ****** compounds for us), volunteering, gardening, kayaking, tropical construction, and writing. We are global citizens without borders.

If you are interested in exploring our retirement adventures please do a Google search for Rewired and Retired in Nicaragua. I have a Wordpress blog, but I am not permitted to attach a link here until I have 5 posts. Sorry.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts