Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I achieved BS in Computer Science and MBA degree. And I have been working as Software Engineer since January 2, 2006. Unfortunately, ACS did not count the first 6 years of experience. So, ACS counted my experience from January 2012. Consequently, I missed 5 points as I didn't get the points for the criteria "eight or more years of experience".

Is there any way of reviewing ACS Skills Assessment result? I have already submitted EOI for 189 visa. I wish I could get 5 more points. If I go for the review would it be there any effect on my current EOI submission?

Thank you.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Any particular reason why your bachelor degree in CS was not considered as IT major? Did you transcript detail all the subjects in detail?

You can lodge an appeal within 60 days of your ACS assessment at cost of $395. If your appeal is successful, money will be refunded.

Hi,

I achieved BS in Computer Science and MBA degree. And I have been working as Software Engineer since January 2, 2006. Unfortunately, ACS did not count the first 6 years of experience. So, ACS counted my experience from January 2012. Consequently, I missed 5 points as I didn't get the points for the criteria "eight or more years of experience".

Is there any way of reviewing ACS Skills Assessment result? I have already submitted EOI for 189 visa. I wish I could get 5 more points. If I go for the review would it be there any effect on my current EOI submission?

Thank you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts