Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently applying for a Fiance visa but I am having issues creating a courier account to return the documents back to Jamaica both with UPS and DHL.

My partner sent me his documents by recorded delivery at the post office in Jamaica with an Express Mail Service on Thursday 23rd October once it arrived in the UK it went through the Parcelforce system and was deliverd to me Monday 27 October.

A return waybill wasn't completed as I believed I could simply create an :fingerscrossed:account with a courier and get the details sent to Sheffield. Apparently I am unable to create an account because I am not a business customer and need to have 6 shipments a year to qualify for an account. I was then told by a DHL advisor "we cannot do this as a one off shipment as it would not be beneficial to you our ourselves".

My dad has an account with Fedex which I hoped to use but now UKBA say they are unable to accept Fedex accounts and to use an alternative courier I'm in a pickle.

Now I have no pre-paid return waybill or label and no account with a courier :eek:

I now can't do anything until Sheffield receive my documents and make their decision.

The only thing I can think to do is once I receive email confirmation of the decision I arrange a collection with DHL to pick up docs at Sheffield and courier them to Jamaica if possible.

Another thing that confused me is that immigration in Kingston told my Fiance that his Passport, visa appllication, photos and priority receipt will be kept in Jamaica and all other supporting docs need to be sent to Sheffield.

I've been reading on this forum that Sheffield are unable to send docs to a UK address, documents need to be returned back to applicant because the passport and decision need to be sent directly to them in their home country even though %90 of the original documents belong to me.

But Jamaica immigration says the passport will stay in Jamaica :confused: is the process different for Jamaican settlement visas.

I thought creating the courier account would be simple but it has proved difficult I have paid for priority service but have already wasted 2 days trying to get the return postage situation sorted.

Can anyone please advise? (I'm stressed and need a hug) :Cry:

·
Super Moderator
18,097 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.