Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I applied for a UK EEA permanent registration certificate for myself + UK 3rd country residence cards for my family. The docs arrived to the decision makers 6 weeks ago. As I sent the passports and birth certs along with my application, 3 weeks ago I requested the return as the docs because they may be needed for legal things, travels etc. A 10-day return is promised on the web site, which was never done, tough. I reported the delay on the same site
eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outreach/Progress_enquiry.ofml
1 week ago, and again silence although they said they'd contact me swiftly.
I'm just wondering what's happening, what to do next and is there any contact no. for contacts as I've got a strong feeling I am talking to a brick wall :)-\

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
Because MP has direct access to Home Office and can get things moving. Immigration is one the issues they deal with most for their constituents. Home Office has a special department dealing with inquiries from MPs and peers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Because MP has direct access to Home Office and can get things moving. Immigration is one the issues they deal with most for their constituents. Home Office has a special department dealing with inquiries from MPs and peers.
That's brilliant! I've seen her on Facebook and now I will write to her!
Cheers!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've just dropped her a message on her email. Let's see how it goes)

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
Most MPs are on holiday and while they have office staff to deal with correspondence, they may not equipped to act on the MP's behalf to make an inquiry etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.