Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Goodevening,

My name is Jemma and I am currently a citizen of the UK. I am 68 years of age and I am interested in the prospects of settling in Australia to enjoy my retirement years. Having visited Sydney on several occasions, this seems the ideal place for me to move to.
I am particularly interested in the retirement communities that are available in Australia as I live on my own, I would most certainly enjoy the company of others. I wondered whether anyone might suggest some potential retirement developments for me to research in the hope that my dream will become a reality.

Many thanks,
Miss J. Bird

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Hi Jemma,

Welcome to the forum.

Have you sorted out which visa you would come to Australia on?

I don't know much about the retirement communities here except there seem to be a lot of different ones around.

Regards,
Karen

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Hi there,

Welcome to the forum.

The retirement visa itself is not for first time visa applicants so the Investor Retirement visa Investor Retirement (Subclass 405) is an option for you. I do have a recollection that it has a very long waiting period.

Around our area there are quite a few retirement communities.

Dolly

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Karen

Thankyou kindly for your response. At the moment I am merely researching into what there is to offer in terms of retirement communities and if I think there is a development or two that may be suitable I will most definately start the ball rolling.

You say there are a lot...do you know of any names to enable me to familiarise myself with the property?

Jemma

Hi Jemma,

Welcome to the forum.

Have you sorted out which visa you would come to Australia on?

I don't know much about the retirement communities here except there seem to be a lot of different ones around.

Regards,
Karen

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Woodlands Grove is the one that's advertised here most but if you type retirement communities australia into google.com.au you'll find loads of websites with more info about the retirement communities.

Regards,
Karen

·
Registered
1 Posts
Having visited Sydney on several occasions

Hi Jemma as per your conversation i wish, you have to enjoy the retirement days in sydney with full of happiness. i hope you will

Goodevening,

My name is Jemma and I am currently a citizen of the UK. I am 68 years of age and I am interested in the prospects of settling in Australia to enjoy my retirement years. Having visited Sydney on several occasions, this seems the ideal place for me to move to.
I am particularly interested in the retirement communities that are available in Australia as I live on my own, I would most certainly enjoy the company of others. I wondered whether anyone might suggest some potential retirement developments for me to research in the hope that my dream will become a reality.

Many thanks,
Miss J. Bird

1 - 6 of 6 Posts