Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am applying for my French pension through the R.S.I., and am also applying for my English state pension. I have the form 'demande unique de retraite personnelle' which is no problem to fill in, but Newcastle have asked for the form E205F /E202. I have understood that R.S.I. should fill out the form(s) but will they send them to Newcastle? I was informed by R.S.I. that the above first mentioned form was the only one necessary for applying for both pensions. Any advice or experience would be greatly welcome. I have lived and worked as 'travailleur indépendant' and then micro-entrepreneur for 12 years in France and will be 65 years old in October so am entitled to both pensions.

·
Administrator
53,146 Posts
While RSI doesn't have the greatest reputation for having their act together, I can tell you that going through CNAV I was very impressed with their process (and RSI should be part of the same overall system).

I applied for my French pension through CNAV, having already gotten an estimate regarding my pension status some years ago. (Age 56 or 57 IIRC.) A few weeks into the process, I had a letter from the German retirement office saying that they had been alerted to my coming retirement, and "by the way" I was eligible to get my German retirement 4 months earlier than my French retirement, so did I want to backdate it and have the German pension paid starting the earlier date? (Answer: "yes, please.")

OTOH, I still had to make a separate application for my "retraite complementaire" (i.e. the second part of the French pension) through the appropriate website, but once I did that, things progressed quickly and the payments started right on time.

Did you apply directly to Newcastle for your UK pension? Or did you get the request for the form after making your initial application to the RSI? I think the first step in applying for your pension will be for the RSI to send you a listing of what they have on their records about your work experience and to confirm that. They may then ask you to fill in information about your work history outside of France (which is, I assume, what the E205F is all about). As far as I know, they share this information with any other EU countries if you indicate that you have work history and potential pension entitlement there.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
R.s.i.

Thanks Bev, I'm actually inquiring for a client. The E205F appears to be issued by the French state to the various institutions, R.S.I. M.S.A. for workers within the E.U. who are applying for pensions. Once filled in it will give the details of insured periods of work in France, which Newcastle will use for calculating pension rights. The form 'demande unique de retraite personelle' asks for the details of work periods in the U.K. (they obviously have the details of his work here as he has been declaring and paying his cotisations to them) which is not a problem.
It's impossible to speak to anyone at R.S.I. on the phone, I made an appointment to see them with my client but they said it wasn't necessary and just sent him the form demande unique....which would be sufficient for both pension demands. What I need to know is will this be automatic once they've received their 'demande unique' form. I think I'll ask my client to speak to Newcastle again as it's them who insist on having the E205F so he apply for his English state pension, surely they must know the procedure or am I being optimistic !! He has no complementary pension over here so for the French pension it's pretty straight forward, but the English one is obviously more important. Regards, Vicky

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.