Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the a way a military retiree living in France can use the PX and commissary system in Belgium or Germany. Up until last year it was possible to use the PX in Belgium but they changed that.
Is there something in France that could compare. I do not think we have any military bases in France.

·
Administrator
50,423 Posts
France has always been something of an exception to the rules, given that there have been no US military bases here for some time. (Wasn't it DeGaulle who threw the US military out of France?) But, no as far as I know, they have been placing more and more restrictions on access to the PX system throughout Europe - at least for military retirees.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Banned
27 Posts
There are a number of bases with PX in the west of Germany not too far from the French border like Ramstein, Kaiserslautern and Bitburg but since the terrorist activity in Europe escalated entering the bases without the correct permits is, naturally, impossible.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank You for the replies. Having ben stationed in Germany and Belgium for several years, I have access to the installations but can not use the PX or Commissary.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts