Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So my score in IELTS was
Speaking 8, Writing 7, Listening 9, Reading 7.5

I am thinking to retake IELTS to get minimum 8 in each band so that I can score 20 points for English.
The latest available date for IELTS is 24 June.

Can someone please advice me on the following:
1. Does it make sense to retake IELTS?
2. If I apply ACS now with my current IELTS score card, would I have to reapply for ACS if I get better score in IELTS(second attemot), to get my IELTS score card verified? or I can simply use the new one?
3. If answer to 2nd question is "I would have to re apply ACS, does it make sense to wait for ACS till JULY(after results of retake of IELTS), my current score is estimated 65. Do I have good chances of getting invite this year only with 65?
FYI - I would lose point for age in Jan. Will it affect my PR process, if my visa application is lodged status and yet to be granted?

ANZSCO 261313.

Thanks.

·
Registered
203 Posts
So my score in IELTS was

I am thinking to retake IELTS to get minimum 8 in each band so that I can score 20 points for English.

2. If I apply ACS now with my current IELTS score card, would I have to reapply for ACS if I get better score in IELTS(second attemot), to get my IELTS score card verified? or I can simply use the new one?
3. If answer to 2nd question is "I would have to re apply ACS, does it make sense to wait for ACS till JULY(after results of retake of IELTS), my current score is estimated 65. Do I have good chances of getting invite this year only with 65?
FYI - I would lose point for age in Jan. Will it affect my PR process, if my visa application is lodged status and yet to be granted?

ANZSCO 261313.

Thanks.
IELTS is not required for ACS.

·
Registered
16 Posts
So my score in IELTS was

ANZSCO 261313.

Thanks.
Will be you be taking general/academic?

I obtained similar overall score as you and same reading & listening score but mine is the academic version. I have no intention of retaking ielts cause it is difficult to obtain 4 8s in ielts. I advise you to consider PTE.

·
Registered
410 Posts
So my score in IELTS was

ANZSCO 261313.

Thanks.
-
Hi dude! I would recommend to take PTE-A instead of wasting time and money in IELTS. I have observed that IELTS suited if requirement is 7 band each as its pretty hard to score 8 in each band specially writing and speaking as they are subjective to invigilator. You can easily find many people scoring 79+( for claiming 20 points) in PTE each module

·
Registered
112 Posts
So my score in IELTS was

ANZSCO 261313.

Thanks.
With a little bit of practice getting an 8+ in all of the IELTS sub-tests is totally achievable. Rumor in this forum has it that the PTE test might be easier - but I don't have any experience, since I went with IELTS.

In either case, you do not need an english test in for your ACS assessment. The ACS solely assesses your work skill in accordance with the occupation you have nominated. The IELTS and PTE test does not come into play before you claim points for your english skills in the EOI.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I'd given ielts only with 2 hours of preparation - breezed through the format - thats it.
IMHO - very much possible for you except the writing part. I can see you scored 7 and that 1 mark between 7 and 8 in writing is very tricky indeed.

Go for it again, if you have already devoted time in knowing the format etc. If not, then you can try PTE once. I dont have iota of knowledge on PTE as I didnt even know something like PTE existed when I appreared for ielts.

24 June is far away, you can appear for PTE and get to know your score before 24 JUne - I guess.

So my score in IELTS was

ANZSCO 261313.

Thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'd given ielts only with 2 hours of preparation - breezed through the format - thats it.
IMHO - very much possible for you except the writing part. I can see you scored 7 and that 1 mark between 7 and 8 in writing is very tricky indeed.

Go for it again, if you have already devoted time in knowing the format etc. If not, then you can try PTE once. I dont have iota of knowledge on PTE as I didnt even know something like PTE existed when I appreared for ielts.

24 June is far away, you can appear for PTE and get to know your score before 24 JUne - I guess.
did you take the general or academic one?

·
Registered
191 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
So my score in IELTS was

ANZSCO 261313.

Thanks.

Just to share my personal experience since my aim is min 8 in each band as well and our scores are pretty similar. I have taken IELTS 5-6 times and have managed to achieve 8 for each but never at the same time. The culprit is speaking and writing - both always hovering between 7 and 8. After multiple tries with similar results, I am now switching my efforts to PTE. Hopefully PTE is the answer for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts