Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering, I am from the USA and extending my student Visa (from 2008) for another year to complete my studies at University in Scotland so have therefore given my biometric data to the Visa place previously....

Upon renewal under the 2012 Tier 4 from within the UK, would I have to resubmit my biometric data all over again or would my old data from 2008 be on record?

Also, I never received a biometric card when I first applied from within the USA, is the card only given if you are applying from within the UK?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
39,061 Posts
Was wondering, I am from the USA and extending my student Visa (from 2008) for another year to complete my studies at University in Scotland so have therefore given my biometric data to the Visa place previously....

Upon renewal under the 2012 Tier 4 from within the UK, would I have to resubmit my biometric data all over again or would my old data from 2008 be on record?
No you have to submit your biometrics again. You make an online appointment after submitting your renewal application, or at the same time as your same-day premium service appointment.

Also, I never received a biometric card when I first applied from within the USA, is the card only given if you are applying from within the UK?
You only get it when you extend or renew your leave in UK.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Joppa, I new you'd be able to help!

No you have to submit your biometrics again. You make an online appointment after submitting your renewal application, or at the same time as your same-day premium service appointment.

You only get it when you extend or renew your leave in UK.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.