Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys - the wife and I will be staying in a villa near the zoo next week (read into that what you will), combining some property viewings with our anniversary celebrations. Wonder if any of you good folk can recommend a suitable eatery/taverna for the occasion?

·
Super Moderator
12,533 Posts
The zoo is a little bit far out, not much in the way of restaurants in the area.
There are one or two on the main road from Coral Bay before the turn off to the Zoo.
There are some good ones in Coral Bay and along the coast.
If you are looking for something special there is La Vigna Trattoria in Coral Bay.
Also very good Japanese which although I have never been I have heard very good things about.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hi guys - the wife and I will be staying in a villa near the zoo next week (read into that what you will), combining some property viewings with our anniversary celebrations. Wonder if any of you good folk can recommend a suitable eatery/taverna for the occasion?
We ate at 'Oniro by the sea' (sea caves) a couple of weeks ago. We went at lunch and it was lovely. It's not open Mondays. We have also had a decent meal at 'Anesti' which is on the main road about 10 mins drive past phillipos supermarket.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the feedback folks. Will do a little more research when we arrive. In past visits we've always stayed in the Germasogeia area so the west is a little bit of a mystery to us.

·
Super Moderator
12,533 Posts
Thanks for the feedback folks. Will do a little more research when we arrive. In past visits we've always stayed in the Germasogeia area so the west is a little bit of a mystery to us.
You have certainly picked as far West as you could:)
Unfortunately being so far out you will be away from most of the action but then perhaps that's how you like it. To be honest I also like to be away from the busier parts. If you have a hire car it is easy enough to get to anywhere.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I have to admit that I don't know the area particularly well, but a search for the zoo on Google Maps reveals that the nearest decent place to eat is "To Psarochori Tavern" which has some pretty good reviews on Trip Advisor:

Psarochori Tavern, Peyia - Restaurant Reviews, Phone Number & Photos - TripAdvisor

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts