Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I've just received a very painful email to say that because I do not meet the financial requirement, my wife's case is on hold until further notice.

Joppa as you may be aware that when I submitted the application, my P60 does not show the 18600 they require. I got the advice that this won't be a problem as my payslips all of them show more than 1550pm gross. I did mention that because I took unpaid leave to spend more time with my wife after the wedding and also I put a note on the P60 itself which shows only 16.600pa.

What shall I do in this situation as I am really feeling down now after all this waiting.

Please see below the response I for after contacting WorldBridge as the 12 weeks has elapsed. The ECO did not even bother to contact us directly.

Dear madam,

Your application for entry clearance under Appendix FM to the Immigration Rules has been considered. Your application falls to be refused solely because you do not meet the income threshold requirement under Appendix FM and/or the related evidential requirements under Appendix FM-SE.

A decision on your application has therefore been put on hold until the Courts have decided the outcome of the Secretary of State’s appeal in a legal challenge to the income threshold requirement. More information about this hold on decisions is set out on the Home Office website.

Your application will be reviewed and a decision taken on it once the outcome of the legal challenge is known. This may not be for several months at least.

In the meantime, if you submit any further information or document(s) relating to your circumstances, and/or those of your sponsor, as they were at the date of your application, or in the relevant period(s) prior to that date, this will be considered. If, on the basis of this further information or document(s), your application meets all the requirements of the Immigration Rules, a decision will be taken on your application and it will be granted.

Alternatively, you can withdraw your application at any time (and any document(s) submitted with it will be returned to you) and you can pay the relevant application fee and make a fresh application. You may wish to consider doing so for example if you wish to rely on a change in circumstances since the date of your application or on the fact a requirement relating to a period of time (e.g. in respect of employment or cash savings) is now met which was not met at the date of the application. If you withdraw your application, you will not be refunded the application fee.

If you wish your passport to be returned to you while your application remains on hold, this will withdraw your application, and a fresh application must be submitted if you wish it to be considered.

Yours faithfully,

·
Registered
39,085 Posts
Wait until you get your documents back with the refusal letter, which will state the precise grounds for rejection, and then tell us what they are.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wait until you get your documents back with the refusal letter, which will state the precise grounds for rejection, and then tell us what they are.
Thanks Joppa.

But do you think we will get the documents back now? They said the case is on hold so I though they will keep everything with them until I either submit further documents or change of requirement.

Also I though the reason is mentioned in the email: Your application falls to be refused solely because you do not meet the income threshold requirement under Appendix FM and/or the related evidential requirements under Appendix FM-SE. End.

Do you think I should contact the ECO to let him know that I do meet the requirement?

Regards

·
Registered
39,085 Posts
Ask for the return of documents with refusal letter. Or ask for the precise ground for refusal - i.e. how you have failed to show you meet the requirements. Without it you are all at sea and can't plan your next move - appeal or re-application.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Ask for the return of documents with refusal letter. Or ask for the precise ground for refusal - i.e. how you have failed to show you meet the requirements. Without it you are all at sea and can't plan your next move - appeal or re-application.
Joppa I really don't want to ask for the passport back now until I make sure that there is no way of reversing the decision. From my understanding this is what they wrote in the email:

In the meantime, if you submit any further information or document(s) relating to your circumstances, and/or those of your sponsor, as they were at the date of your application, or in the relevant period(s) prior to that date, this will be considered. If, on the basis of this further information or document(s), your application meets all the requirements of the Immigration Rules, a decision will be taken on your application and it will be granted. [End of quote]

What do you understand from this Joppa? I mean they have all the evidences that my earning is well above the £18,600. What do they want more? I'll contact them with copies of all the same payslips where it shows clearly my warning in the last 6 months prior to the application.

·
Registered
39,085 Posts
List exactly what evidence you have sent with original application, with amounts and dates.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
List exactly what evidence you have sent with original application, with amounts and dates.
Hi Joppa,

I have included with the application:

1- work contract where it says I earn £9p/h doing min 40h/w.
2- employer letter stating my wage as £18,600p/a plus doing overtime regularly.
3- 7 payslips which all of them show clearly more than £1,550, some around £1,800.
4- 7 bank statement with the same amount on the payslips highlighted on every one. I in fact attached each payslip to the correspondence bank statement.
5- P60 showing £16,600 for the year 2012-2013 with a note that due to the unpaid leave I did note make the 18,600.

We submitted the application on 7th June. My last payslip was dated 1st June and last bank statement around 4th or 5th June as I ordered it from the bank directly.

I mentioned in the sponsor letter that since I came to this country I have never claimed a single penny from the state even when I was out of work as I don't believe in doing so while you have the mean to survive without it. I really don't know why they haven't taken into consideration all of this.!

Shall I send them the same copies of payslips along with ordering the same bank statement and tell them that this is what I submitted?

·
Registered
39,085 Posts
You submitted seven pay slips and bank statement. Why? You only needed 6. Even though each month you made more than the minimum, sending extra information that isn't required can create complication or misunderstanding. Or did the first pay slip not cover the entire month?
You do need a proper refusal letter that specifies the precise ground, i.e. why you didn't meet the financial requirement. I suggest you send an email request to the sender of the original message.

·
Registered
39,085 Posts
Say something like, having given your details and application number/reference:

Thank you for your email. In order to prepare my next move, I do urgently require your refusal letter setting out the precise ground(s) for not meeting the financial requirement. I look forward to receiving your reply.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You submitted seven pay slips and bank statement. Why? You only needed 6. Even though each month you made more than the minimum, sending extra information that isn't required can create complication or misunderstanding. Or did the first pay slip not cover the entire month?
You do need a proper refusal letter that specifies the precise ground, i.e. why you didn't meet the financial requirement. I suggest you send an email request to the sender of the original message.
the reason why I send 7 payslips and bank statement is because the last bank statement covers only around 10 days and the first one will be out of date per the 28 days rules.

the email I got is from the worldbrige guy after chasing them for few days. I am yet to hear directly from the ECO. or maybe will never. it is signed by: UK Visas & Immigration.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the payslips have:

Dec: £1552.12
Jan: £1652.12
Feb: £1621.39
Mar: £1710.36
Apr: £1747.21
May: £1827.27
Jun: £1554.00

they have their correspondence on bank statement with the exact same amount highlighted.

·
Registered
39,085 Posts
So I don't know why they have refused, and you need to find out first before you can appeal or re-apply.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Read another similar thread at http://www.expatforum.com/expats/br...g-uk/215202-spouse-visa-refusal-put-hold.html
The email they received contained details about precise reasons for refusal, and this is what you should get.
I am really finding it difficult to get the help we are expecting from the WorldBridge. every time I send them an email they come with strange reply where I have to repeat my question again and again.

I posted the exact reply and as you said they did not mention why we have been refused compared to the other thread.

I have emailed them again now and I am waiting for the reply.

thanks so much Joppa. much appreciate your help.

·
Registered
39,085 Posts
Frustrating I know, but without this information you are all at sea and won't know what to do.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I am really finding it difficult to get the help we are expecting from the WorldBridge. every time I send them an email they come with strange reply where I have to repeat my question again and again.

I posted the exact reply and as you said they did not mention why we have been refused compared to the other thread.

I have emailed them again now and I am waiting for the reply.

thanks so much Joppa. much appreciate your help.
I really feel for you Sofyane. I can't understand why you have been refused and it is so frustrating that you can't get the answers you need.

I included my P60 in my husband's recent application and it only showed a month's income as I had been working abroad before that. I hope they actually look at the payslips and employer letter and don't reply on the P60 for the last FY.

Like Joppa says you really need them to explain the refusal in detail before you can take your next step.

Would it be quicker to write a letter to the ECO with your application ref number and send it priority? I'm afraid WorldBridge seem to be almost useless.

I really wish you luck with it all.
KHP

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
to back up what I said earlier about my experience with Worldbridge please see below what they replied when I clearly stated the case number when they send their replies + explaining more and their reply. this what they come with:

(Quote):

Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you for contacting WorldBridge Service, The UK Border Agency's Commercial Partner. We appreciate your patience regarding the response to your enquiry, as WorldBridge strives to provide the most accurate responses to all enquiries. Below you will find the response to that enquiry.

The applicants are kindly requested to contact WorldBridge Service in terms of any kind of enquiry due to the fact that the Visa Application Centre and the Visa Section at the relevant Embassy can not be contacted directly by them.

Once a decision is made on your visa application you will be contacted via email from the British Embassy.

After a visa application has been reviewed by the Diplomatic Mission, the Entry Clearance Officers render a decision on the application and place that decision in a sealed envelope along with the documents that they want to return to the applicant. This sealed envelope is sent back to the applicant as per the local process. This sealed envelope can only be opened by the applicant. WorldBridge Service and its staff are not permitted to open the sealed envelope containing the decision of the Diplomatic Mission. As such WorldBridge Service cannot inform an applicant as to whether their visa has been approved or denied.

End of quote.

I have again sent another email stating to please read and refer back to my initial email and their response as this keeps on happening again and again. and this what they come back with:

Quote:

In regards to your question, we would like to let you know that due to the nature of your request it is being escalated for detailed research. Please be informed that we understand the importance of your issue, and we strive to respond as quickly and thoroughly as possible.

Please note that you will not be able to respond to this email. If you have additional questions submit your enquiry via email free of charge by visiting the WorldBridge website at www.visainfoservices.com.

When submitting a new enquiry, please reference the case number from this particular email to ensure thorough processing. Note the case number can be found in the subject line of this email, EX: Reply from WorldBridge Services for CaseNumber :00000123.

End of quote.

Now you guys tell me maybe my English is not that clear! How do you find my English?

I am just waiting for their detailed research now. Hope they will come with good answer.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I really feel for you Sofyane. I can't understand why you have been refused and it is so frustrating that you can't get the answers you need.

I included my P60 in my husband's recent application and it only showed a month's income as I had been working abroad before that. I hope they actually look at the payslips and employer letter and don't reply on the P60 for the last FY.

Like Joppa says you really need them to explain the refusal in detail before you can take your next step.

Would it be quicker to write a letter to the ECO with your application ref number and send it priority? I'm afraid WorldBridge seem to be almost useless.

I really wish you luck with it all.
KHP

Thank you very much KHP.

Yes it is very painful especially when you know that someone else got their visa in around 20 days only from the same country. The ECO did not even bother to let us know earlier or directly at least. we have been waiting for all this 63 working days and me chasing some copy and paste organisation linked to them where there is no set procedure for complains as I have tried to put a complain to no avail.

anyhow, all what I can do now is just to wait really. I am thinking of contacting my MP as I have ordered the same Bank statement today and preparing the same payslips to try and reverse the decision as it is clear that I do meet the requirement.

I consider my self a hard worker where I have never claimed a single penny from the state during my 7 years here and even I did not use NHS only once where I waited around 5 hours to be seen in the hospital.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.