Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys

i'm really confused i dont know what to do
i had a job offer in dubai in restaurant located in down town with very basic salary 1950 AED and accommodation 750 and transportation 300
i know with that salary i will have to share a room with many people and ill have very basic life , i might not be able to save a penny , but even thou i sign their offer letter ,
they told me they sent my DOC to their PRO to process my work visa , a week after an hotel in AL AIN offer me a position with 1200 AED and accomodation and 3 meals per day , i kinda prefer this hotel because it seems very luxury and belong to very successfull company and ill be able improve my skills and i will be with the first team at the opening . in sametime i have other offers and interviews , now i dont know if it's possible to resign from that restaurant in dubai or it's too lates it's been almost 9 days since i signed the offer letter , emailed them yesterday and they say ( It’s been forwarded to our PRO and still in process. )
please guys tell me what to do i'm really confused
thx in advance

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Best thing to do is to go to them physically/in-person, and tell them you are not interested anymore. Hopefully they will be accommodating, they might not be though, so do be mentally prepared to have some sort of a discussion on the matter.

Do this as soon as possible. Also draft up a letter (can be in arabic no issues) explaining that you are not interested in the position, sign it and keep a copy, give them one and try and get their signature on the other one. This is all to just keep your bases covered.

The thing is, the process has to get to a certain stage (speaking from professional experience in our establishment), after which withdrawal would be costly. So don't go on verbal confirmations of your intent etc.. if at all possible get confirmation from them in writing to terminate the employment proceedings.

Now finally the most important thing is for you to get in touch with the MOL. Inform them of what the scenario is and what you want to do, they will advise you.

Ministry of Labour

Hope this helps, and good luck with the whole process.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts