Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if you can become a permanent resident on the caravan sites in south of france we would love to relocate

·
Banned
6,806 Posts
Does anyone know if you can become a permanent resident on the caravan sites in south of france we would love to relocate
Some you can; some you can't - it depends upon the stautes and agreements the site has with the local Commune - you need to ask each site individually whether you can live there 12 months a year.

H

·
Banned
6,806 Posts
Some you can; some you can't - it depends upon the stautes and agreements the site has with the local Commune - you need to ask each site individually whether you can live there 12 months a year.

H
statutes*

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so there is hope

thanks h we read a post saying there are no residential sites but we have come across a couple stating they are residential :)

·
Banned
6,806 Posts
I think it also depends a bit on whether you want to buy a "mobilhome" (which actually aren't very "mobil") or to site a touring van on an existing site.

A number of mobilhome holiday companies do sell off their installations (eg Gitotel amonst others) leaving the mobilhome in situ and you with the ongoing contribution to management fees according to the way the whole site is set up.

We have 2 mobilhomes on one site in Corsica and another one on a different site about 1km away from the other 2. The administration is set up differently for each and each has some "need to know" characteristics that you only find out further down the line, hence our appearance in court last Friday (read other recent posts by me), but if you need to talk it through, message me and we can arrange to talk on the phone.

H

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi SzAaasAssAs new to this so please excuse my ignorance

We currently have a 5yr old static caravan in scotland and would like to relocate to France

Saw your thread , can you advise of the do's and dont's cost's etc and recommend any family orientated parks

Thanks

·
Banned
6,806 Posts
Hi SzAaasAssAs new to this so please excuse my ignorance

We currently have a 5yr old static caravan in scotland and would like to relocate to France

Saw your thread , can you advise of the do's and dont's cost's etc and recommend any family orientated parks

Thanks
It really really depends upon how you want to approach it. To relocate your existing van in France, I think will be difficult if you want all-year access/residency because AFAIK all year-round sites are already kitted with the accommodation they'll accept/rent/sell - and will be enormously expensive.

Do you have any target areas? What are going to be the requirements of yourself/your other family members?

Hils

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for you reply

I was looking at a coastal area preferably south

It would b used for family holidays and weekends and does not need to be available all year round

·
Banned
6,806 Posts
Thanks for you reply

I was looking at a coastal area preferably south

It would b used for family holidays and weekends and does not need to be available all year round
'fraid you're going to have to Google all the sites in your target area(s) to see if they accept year-round installations. Some may well accept, but be closed October-May; others MAY accept and be open all year round.

You need to identify when you anticipate using it. You also haven't made clear whether you want to relocate your existing van or buy similar over here. If the latter, you may prefer to consider a comfortable touring van, according to your needs, and park it up in a Garage Mort for when you're not using it.

If it's a veritable mobilhome you're looking for, already installed, you need to be aware that there will be no "rates" to pay as such, but there will be an annual site maintenance charge, plus consumables, either based on an individual meter or on a daily "forfait". There are two ways to buy: one is leasehold, the other is as share-holder. In either circumstance you are bound by majority vote, plus probably other constraining clauses, as to what your obligations are and as to how you can use the installation.

Be wary.

Hils

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.