Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a query regarding Australia resident return visa under subclass 155. Below is the summary of my case:
I have received my Australian PR invitation in Dec 2018 and I will be moving to Australia by Feb 2020. As I have also applied for Canadian PR (will receive invitation by early 2020), I am planning to complete more than 2 years in Australia by 2022 and then move to Canada by August 2022. And just before expiry of my 5 Australian PR in Dec 2023, I will go to Australia for a week and file for resident return visa under subclass 155. I am expecting to get the resident return visa for 5 years within 2-3 days and return back to Canada.
Through this process, I am planning to secure Australian PR till 2028 and if things don't work out in Canada then, I will have an option to move back to Australia.
Query: Are there any foreseeable issues/problems in getting the resident return visa in my case that I should be aware of?

·
Registered
22,792 Posts
I have a query regarding Australia resident return visa under subclass 155. Below is the summary of my case:
I have received my Australian PR invitation in Dec 2018 and I will be moving to Australia by Feb 2020. As I have also applied for Canadian PR (will receive invitation by early 2020), I am planning to complete more than 2 years in Australia by 2022 and then move to Canada by August 2022. And just before expiry of my 5 Australian PR in Dec 2023, I will go to Australia for a week and file for resident return visa under subclass 155. I am expecting to get the resident return visa for 5 years within 2-3 days and return back to Canada.
Through this process, I am planning to secure Australian PR till 2028 and if things don't work out in Canada then, I will have an option to move back to Australia.
Query: Are there any foreseeable issues/problems in getting the resident return visa in my case that I should be aware of?
In Dec 2023 you will presumably not working and will be out of Australia for nearly 2 years
You will have no family in Australia also

Unless you would have bought some property, it would be difficult to prove ties to Australia and get a 5 year RRV in 2023
So Don’t take it for granted that you will get it

Cheers

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In Dec 2023 you will presumably not working and will be out of Australia for nearly 2 years
You will have no family in Australia also

Unless you would have bought some property, it would be difficult to prove ties to Australia and get a 5 year RRV in 2023
So Don’t take it for granted that you will get it

Cheers
Hi NB,

thanks a lot for replying .
I would be moving to canada in Aug or sept 2022. So when i will apply for a RRV in dec 2023 i would have spent around 1 year 2-3 months outside Australia.

I have been reading in the forums that if i have stayed in Australia for 2 years in my 5 years bracket then they issue rrv for 5 years no question asked.

Also i read that in case you have spent 2 years and u fulfill the residence requirements then the only document that immigration department needs is a passport and it is easy to get a rrv ?

Please let me know where i am wrong.

And i understand if there is a change in legislation then there may be a problem and in that case i would have to choose from either one of them.

Please help

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also just to be clear i will complete 2 years 2-3 months in Australia before moving to canada. So i would have 2 years stay when i apply for an rrv

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ALSO CAN YOU PLEASE VALIDATE ANOTHER APPROACH

2020 and 2021 i goto canada and spend 2 years there

Then i enter Australia in 2022 and spend 2 years in Australia till jan 2024 and then apply for a RRV 155 . I hope in this case i should get it for 5 years since i would have completed 2 years and would be working in Australia only at the time i apply for rrv.

Once i get rrv then i leave Australia and go back to canada. Coz my canada PR validity is till Feb 2025.

Does this sound better ?

·
Registered
22,792 Posts
ALSO CAN YOU PLEASE VALIDATE ANOTHER APPROACH

2020 and 2021 i goto canada and spend 2 years there

Then i enter Australia in 2022 and spend 2 years in Australia till jan 2024 and then apply for a RRV 155 . I hope in this case i should get it for 5 years since i would have completed 2 years and would be working in Australia only at the time i apply for rrv.

Once i get rrv then i leave Australia and go back to canada. Coz my canada PR validity is till Feb 2025.

Does this sound better ?
This does sound better
But looks like you are trying to ride in 2 boats at the same time and you know pretty well how that ends

Cheers

·
Registered
22,792 Posts
Hi NB,

thanks a lot for replying .
I would be moving to canada in Aug or sept 2022. So when i will apply for a RRV in dec 2023 i would have spent around 1 year 2-3 months outside Australia.

I have been reading in the forums that if i have stayed in Australia for 2 years in my 5 years bracket then they issue rrv for 5 years no question asked.

Also i read that in case you have spent 2 years and u fulfill the residence requirements then the only document that immigration department needs is a passport and it is easy to get a rrv ?

Please let me know where i am wrong.

And i understand if there is a change in legislation then there may be a problem and in that case i would have to choose from either one of them.

Please help
The 2 years out of 5 years rule is correct
That generally entitles you to a further 5 year RRV, but it’s not a right
The CO will check what ties you have in Australia before granting it
It’s quite possible that you may get it, but one has to be prepared for the worst

Cheers

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi NB actually there is a reason for which i want to keep the canada option open. That is ,

While applying for a partner visa , for canada , the canada gives waiver for health requirement in case of spouse visa.

While i dont think such weiver is there is Australia.

So just was looking at cadana spouse visa as a safer option since it gives health weiver.

Correct me if i am wrong please.

·
Registered
22,792 Posts
Hi NB actually there is a reason for which i want to keep the canada option open. That is ,

While applying for a partner visa , for canada , the canada gives waiver for health requirement in case of spouse visa.

While i dont think such weiver is there is Australia.

So just was looking at cadana spouse visa as a safer option since it gives health weiver.

Correct me if i am wrong please.
No idea about Canada rules
But Australia doesn’t give any health waivers for spouse, you are correct
To be sure if your spouse will pass the Australian health check or not, you can get her tested at any approved DHA clinic in india and ask the doctors the results will be acceptable or not
They generally tell you

Cheers

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay thanks, just wanted to know that is mildly high controlled BP or controlled sugar a reason for rejection?

·
Registered
22,792 Posts
Okay thanks, just wanted to know that is mildly high controlled BP or controlled sugar a reason for rejection?
Your medical condition doesn’t play a role in the citizenship application
As a PR holder, you are anyways enjoying all the benefits of Medicare as you would after being a citizen

Cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts