Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have a Australian PR but didnt travel to Australia for the first 4 years (expect for first entry). I reached Australia recently (month ago) and my visa expires in shortly (say Aug). But I want to travel to India in October. My question is, can I apply for Resident return visa? RR visa has minimum requirement of 2 years stay in Australia which I dont have? But they are also saying substantial ties. Could you guys please advise what this substantial ties mean? What should I provide to prove Substantial ties? Please advise!

Meet our residence or substantial ties requirements
You must:

have lived in Australia for 2 years (730 days) in the last 5 years or
be able to demonstrate substantial ties to Australia that are of benefit to Australia

·
Registered
22,363 Posts
Hi All,

I have a Australian PR but didnt travel to Australia for the first 4 years (expect for first entry). I reached Australia recently (month ago) and my visa expires in shortly (say Aug). But I want to travel to India in October. My question is, can I apply for Resident return visa? RR visa has minimum requirement of 2 years stay in Australia which I dont have? But they are also saying substantial ties. Could you guys please advise what this substantial ties mean? What should I provide to prove Substantial ties? Please advise!

Meet our residence or substantial ties requirements
You must:

have lived in Australia for 2 years (730 days) in the last 5 years or
be able to demonstrate substantial ties to Australia that are of benefit to Australia
Substantial ties are having a regular job and paying taxes, property ownership, children studying in schools, etc.

Keeda has already replied to your RRV part

Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts