Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my family has been granted PR under general skilled and I am planning to send my daughter to boarding schools in Australia for her high school while my husband, the main applicant, and me will work and save enough in singapore before we move over. I would like to ask if our famaily can apply RVV after my daughter has fulfilled the two yrs out of five yrs stay in australia even though she is not the main applicant. Can the whole family able to entitle to the Social benefits after she finishes the two yrs waiting period stay. Thanks in advance for any advice!

G

·
Your daughter being in Australia does not guarante you a return resident visa. Especially if she was only in boarding school and not in employment or own property in Australia.

She, if old enough, will be entited to centerlink welfare benefits after 2 years. If you arrive in Australia before your visa runs out you will not be entitled to any until you have lived in Australia for 2 years even if she is allowed them.

You also can not claim family benefits for her whilst she is a minor and in school if you are not living in Australia.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We are saving up to buy an apt there definitely before the visa expires and will send my girl there do her study earlier. With an apt, is our chances of getting RVV higher?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Btw the way, to be eligible for RVV, there is a requirement of being an immediate family member of the RVV holder. Can someone give me some pointers whether I am able to get the RVV says if my girl is the RVV holder?

G

·
That applies when all people included in the application meet the requirements. If you are offshore and have not lived in Australia you clearly won't.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.