Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear friends

Since Jul 2016, Me & my family are Australia PR (189) holders. The PR is due to expire in July 2021.
We have only spend 4-5 days in Aus (to activate PR) since Jul 2016.

We were planning to move to relocate to Australia Q1 2021, but given the situation with Covid, it may not be the best time to relocate and find a decent job. Therefore, I was planning to apply for Resident Return Visa (RRV) in Jan 2021, hoping the Aus immigration department would be kind enough to provide RRV for 6-12months, which gives me additional time to plan my relocation. After all, these are exceptional times.

I have read other posts on RRV on expatforum, and fully understand the requirements to be eligible for RRV on normal circumstances.

I wanted to check, if there is anyone who has been granted RRV, on the basis of current COVID situation and without having lived for a reasonable timeframe in Australia?

Cheers
Abhishek

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Dear friends

Since Jul 2016, Me & my family are Australia PR (189) holders. The PR is due to expire in July 2021.

We were planning to move to relocate to Australia Q1 2021, but given the situation with Covid, it may not be the best time to relocate and find a decent job. Therefore, I was planning to apply for Resident Return Visa (RRV) in Jan 2021, hoping the Aus immigration department would be kind enough to provide RRV for 6-12months, which gives me additional time to plan my relocation. After all, these are exceptional times.

I have read other posts on RRV on expatforum, and fully understand the requirements to be eligible for RRV on normal circumstances.

I wanted to check, if there is anyone who has been granted RRV, on the basis of current COVID situation and without having lived for a reasonable timeframe in Australia?

Cheers
Abhishek
There are many PR holders in same situation.
DoHA would not provide you 6-12 months valid RRV as you do not meet substantial ties requirement.
If you don't meet the requirement for residence and substantial ties, but have compelling and compassionate reasons , then you might only be given 3 months travel validity on your RRV visa.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Dear friends

Cheers
Abhishek
I don't see any substantial ties you got with country, and I really surprise you didn't get any chance to relocate to Auz in last 3+ years (excluding current panademic).. If i am not wrong you could have thought all the options before planned for PR.. i would suggest you still have chance to go there before July 2021(it's almost 9 months to go) and try settle down..

·
Registered
139 Posts
I am also in the same situation. Our PR will be expiring in Jul 2021.
We were planned to move in Jul 2020; but got stuck due to Covid.

Everyone is saying, getting RRV is only possible only if we move to Aus. But securing a flight ticket is the issue now because of the international traveler cap

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I am also in the same situation. Our PR will be expiring in Jul 2021.
We were planned to move in Jul 2020; but got stuck due to Covid.

Everyone is saying, getting RRV is only possible only if we move to Aus. But securing a flight ticket is the issue now because of the international traveler cap
The travel cap is now increased and the government is planning to bring as many as 27,000 citizens and residents back before Christmas. Tickets will no doubt be expensive but you just have to keep looking for any updates from airlines and book tickets asap.

·
Registered
22,419 Posts
The travel cap is now increased and the government is planning to bring as many as 27,000 citizens and residents back before Christmas. Tickets will no doubt be expensive but you just have to keep looking for any updates from airlines and book tickets asap.
You are forgetting that Nzers no longer have to quarantine, so thousands of them are not taking up the places in the 27,000 quota freeing them for other nations

Cheers

·
Registered
139 Posts
Thanks for the positive vibes. Lets hope for the best.

Etihad and Emirates are currently flying only with business class. One way ticket costs 9K AUD.

I heard Singapore airline is not operating.

Cap increase only in news. Reality is pretty hard.

Reactions: Afshin DZ

·
Registered
22,419 Posts
Thanks for the positive vibes. Lets hope for the best.

Etihad and Emirates are currently flying only with business class. One way ticket costs 9K AUD.

I heard Singapore airline is not operating.

Cap increase only in news. Reality is pretty hard.
Another 2 weeks, VIC should start accepting overseas returnees
That will also add to the capacity
But as each flight is restricted to 30 odd passengers, the chances of fares going down are low
Just that tickets will be more easily available as compared to now
For economy class passengers to get a seat easily , it would require a permission to fill at least 100 seats per flight

Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Apart from the high air fare, even finding a ticket does not guarantee that you can fly to Aus. These days flight cancellation occurs frequently. Anyone has a specific email address to write to Aus Homeaffairs about RRV?

·
Registered
4 Posts
My RRV will expire on 9 Jan 2021 and I did apply for a new RRV on 15 Oct 2020.Yet, I have not heard about my application and that is making me worried about my residency. I have been searching for a flight ticket since early Nov with no luck. In parallel I am looking for a specific email address to write to Aus Homeaffairs about RRV. Anyone can help on this?

·
Registered
127 Posts
My RRV will expire on 9 Jan 2021 and I did apply for a new RRV on 15 Oct 2020.Yet, I have not heard about my application and that is making me worried about my residency. I have been searching for a flight ticket since early Nov with no luck. In parallel I am looking for a specific email address to write to Aus Homeaffairs about RRV. Anyone can help on this?
You can try this one [email protected], but mostly you will just get and auto reply

·
Registered
14 Posts
Dear friends

Cheers
Abhishek
Hi abhi
Same situation here. Did you receive RRV??

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi
Did you receive RRV?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi
I saw in one of the other forums that one of the person got RRV in 85 days. I did also send an email to rrv mail id and did receieve a response stating that until the application has completed 12 weeks,there eill be no action. So i m just waiting. Let me know when did u file the application?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi
I saw in one of the other forums that one of the person got RRV in 85 days. I did also send an email to rrv mail id and did receieve a response stating that until the application has completed 12 weeks,there eill be no action. So i m just waiting. Let me know when did u file the application?
Yes seems, they will process only after 85 days are completed. I have applied on 9th November

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hi
Did you receive RRV?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts