Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a Spanish agent sorting out a residency application for my husband who has been offered a job there. As far as my own situation, there seems to be some issue over the fact that our marriage certificate has not been legalized in a EU country and I can't therefore get residency as a spouse.

We got married in South Africa and I have made some enquiries to the GRO (in the UK) and they don't register overseas marriage certificates any more.

Has anyone experiences anything similar and is there some thing we can do other than getting married again in the UK (we have 1 month before we travel) ?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
We have a Spanish agent sorting out a residency application for my husband who has been offered a job there. As far as my own situation, there seems to be some issue over the fact that our marriage certificate has not been legalized in a EU country and I can't therefore get residency as a spouse.

We got married in South Africa and I have made some enquiries to the GRO (in the UK) and they don't register overseas marriage certificates any more.

Has anyone experiences anything similar and is there some thing we can do other than getting married again in the UK (we have 1 month before we travel) ?

Where are you both from originally?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My husband is British and I am British with dual citizenship as I retained my South African citizenship too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts