Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the wait times are like these days if you are applying for a residency cart because you married an EU citizen?

Thanks

·
Registered
212 Posts
You need an appointment to go from Extranjeria. Assuming you have all the necessary documents, they hand you a paper right then, and you're good to go. You have to then go to the Police for fingerprints, and wait for the actual card to be issued. From the appt, it was 2 months until I had the actual card. You can make the appointment before you have everything, as it might be a couple months before you can get one.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You need an appointment to go from Extranjeria. Assuming you have all the necessary documents, they hand you a paper right then, and you're good to go. You have to then go to the Police for fingerprints, and wait for the actual card to be issued. From the appt, it was 2 months until I had the actual card. You can make the appointment before you have everything, as it might be a couple months before you can get one.
Can I leave Spain and re-enter with the paper or do I need to wait for the card?

·
Registered
212 Posts
It's a gray area. I did hear of the possibility of going to some office to get another paper which basically affirms your right to be let back into Spain. But it's best not to if at all possible...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts