Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a bit of an issue.

We've just taken delivery of a newborn baby in the UK. Mrs and baby are still in the UK. She has a residence visa - the baby doesn't.

I went to the tying centre and then the residence visa office in bur dubai to get her entry visa document sorted out. Got it in my hands today.

Only problem is, I've just realized that they're arriving into the UAE on the July 24th and the visa document expires in 60 days (22nd July!)

WHAT TO DO??!!!

Will I have to pay all over again to get this rectified??? PLEASE TELL ME NO!!! We'll be inside the 60 day (to July 24th) in 2 days time. I intend to go the the Bur Dubai place and explain the situation to them.

Anyone know what to do or what will happen??

P.S. They cannot leave London prior to July 24th.

·
Banned
423 Posts
Go explain it to the bloke in the office, if you take your new born along it'll go even easier... Chances are they'll wave the fee.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The newborn is in the UK and this was a Entry Visa for her to come to the UAE on 24th July. So I don't think I can take her (physically) to any office. Unless you're advising my wife to bring her to the UAE with the EXPIRED (which it will be by 2 days) on 24th July.

·
Banned
423 Posts
Since when? She can come on a thirty day visit visa and then get it transferred to a residency with you sponsoring her. As a UK passport holder she certainly does not need a visa, and she cannot become a resident unless she is in the UAE.

Dunno who you've been talking to but they are categorically wrong.

IF she has a UK passport.

And the only way she will "Enter as a resident" is if she's already been to UAE and got her residency stamp.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, unless things have changed....... but when I came here, I got my visa sorted out, but had to leave the country and had to re-enter and have biometrics done. I was already in the country before hand though.

I know my daughter can come to the UAE for 30 days as a tourist, but then to convert it to a residence visa wouldn't she have to exit the country and then re-enter?

·
Registered
84 Posts
BritishGuy said:
Ok, unless things have changed....... but when I came here, I got my visa sorted out, but had to leave the country and had to re-enter and have biometrics done. I was already in the country before hand though.

I know my daughter can come to the UAE for 30 days as a tourist, but then to convert it to a residence visa wouldn't she have to exit the country and then re-enter?
No Toon's right. As long as she has her UK passport then she just arrives with your wife on the standard issues visa and then apply for her residency visa once she's there. She can't get a residency visa before she's physically present there with you.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So, what have I paid and done all this paperwork for?? WHAT THE F***!

I'm doing exactly what my company told me to do 2 years ago when I applied for my daughter and wife to come over. Balls.

·
Banned
423 Posts
I'm sure the rules are different for different nationalities.

Put it down to experience and just be over the moon and happy when your wife and daughter arrive.

And take a look at this website for clothes etc. Some great stuff on there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.