Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

We recently arrived in Dubai and arranged for some boxes to be shipped by sea to Dubai. I have now been told that the company will not ship the boxes from the UK until I send a copy of my residence visa. Is this a standard requirement?

I am aware that I will need to provide a residence visa to collect the boxes and was hoping to arrange this within the 8-12 weeks shipping time. I have seen some comments saying that all you need is a letter from your employer, is this a red herring?

Appreciate your advice, trying to avoid storage charges and get the boxes to me within a reasonable amount of time (whilst avoiding using air freight!)

V

·
Registered
391 Posts
I got my shipment done last month From the usa, there was no requirement for a residence visa, I just got my visa last week, maybe try another shipper.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Mine from Australia was also sent ok prior to my ever leaving and as such no residence visa but I did need a local adress for the doco but they were happy with the companies PO Box

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had the same problem shipping from Argentina. They wouldn't ship until I had my visa here. They also wanted some sort of official visa copy that then had to be notarized at the Argentine consulate. Needless to say the consulate refused to notarize anything. It was a huge headache.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ash_ak and mitchell0417, thats what I thought, we would have sent the boxes out ahead of us had things not got hectic at the death

andrewsa43, how did you manage to get round that one? So far the shipping company have only asked for a visa copy, nothing about being official or notarised yet

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.