Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's ridiculous.Let's talk about Prince Harry and his baby instead, shall we Sir?

I just wanted to know whether I could sponsor a nanny and a driver at the same time.

·
Banned
26 Posts
Yes you can - providing you have the relevant salary and visa (ie employment) status. Which I guess you have. Your original post sounded like you wanted a small army of servants.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info. ...If I needed an army (which I don't) - I'm sure I wouldn't be getting on here asking for YOUR help :)

Enjoy your day...

p.s. sorry I don't keep up with the Harry clan or Charles clan or anything we worked on getting Freedom from

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
bare knuckle fighting's easy on the internet, isn't it?!

time for some cocoa and bed, you two..

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Is there anything more annoying than an American who still thinks the British care what happened 250 years ago and that we spend our days mourning the lost of the colonies and that the world for us stopped in 1783?

By the way did your ancestors fight for this 'freedom'? I merely ask because the overwhelming majority of Americans are descended from immigrants who arrived after the Revolutionary War.

To answer your original question the maximum number of domestic sponsorship allowable is four.

Just make sure you don't hire a nanny who spends her time reading mags about the doings of Hollywood 'royalty' or the Kennedys instead of minding your child.

Thanks for the info. ...If I needed an army (which I don't) - I'm sure I wouldn't be getting on here asking for YOUR help :)

Enjoy your day...

p.s. sorry I don't keep up with the Harry clan or Charles clan or anything we worked on getting Freedom from

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I asked a simple question and got a condescending response directed at America. I actually get a to of great info on the forum. Unfortunately don't have time to respond to all the flames. Your opinions are not bothersome either. Just reinforces a few things. ..God bless the Queen :)

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Is there anything more annoying than an American who still thinks the British care what happened 250 years ago and that we spend our days mourning the lost of the colonies and that the world for us stopped in 1783?
Septics that think you give a rats a about royalty or patriotism?

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
There was no condescending response directed at America.

The person (OMG) asked how many servants you had in the US and then to subtract one. The same attitude (and I agree it's condescending) applies to any Western country and was not singling out the United States. As you've spent enough time on here and perhaps other expat sites in Dubai you'll know there's a vocal group who don't understand why people need/want to hire domestic help.

You did jump the gun a bit here. But don't worry it gave us an amusing thread to read.

I asked a simple question and got a condescending response directed at America. I actually get a to of great info on the forum. Unfortunately don't have time to respond to all the flames. Your opinions are not bothersome either. Just reinforces a few things. ..God bless the Queen :)

·
Banned
26 Posts

By the way did your ancestors fight for this 'freedom'? I merely ask because the overwhelming majority of Americans are descended from immigrants who arrived after the Revolutionary War.

To answer your original question the maximum number of domestic sponsorship allowable is four.

Just make sure you don't hire a nanny who spends her time reading mags about the doings of Hollywood 'royalty' or the Kennedys instead of minding your child.
To be fair, the only war the American's ever won was the war of independence. They even managed not to win their own civil war.

·
Banned
26 Posts
There was no condescending response directed at America.

The person (OMG) asked how many servants you had in the US and then to subtract one. The same attitude (and I agree it's condescending) applies to any Western country and was not singling out the United States. As you've spent enough time on here and perhaps other expat sites in Dubai you'll know there's a vocal group who don't understand why people need/want to hire domestic help.

You did jump the gun a bit here. But don't worry it gave us an amusing thread to read.
I'm guess ing he's still looking up and trying to get his head around the word "supercilious". Gotta love a septic education.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts