Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All

I am writing for information regarding my son’s residence card/permit procedure, who is already in the UK on family permit. My 8-year old son is a Pakistani national.

I am a British National by my parents but was born in an EEA country. And stayed there till I got a job in UK 2 years ago. I only hold British nationality since my birth. My son entered UK on EEA family permit since he is a Pakistani national and was holding national residency status back in the EEA country.

I went through the home office website but was not able to find any appropriate application type.

Kindly furnish me with which type of application should I be submitting for my son considering his current situation.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Best regards

·
Registered
39,246 Posts
You need EEA2 for residence card, as he is your direct family member, under Surinder Singh. The form has a special section for Surinder Singh application which you have to complete.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You need EEA2 for residence card, as he is your direct family member, under Surinder Singh. The form has a special section for Surinder Singh application which you have to complete.
Hello Joppa,

Thank you very much for your help.

I went through EEA2 application form, it asks which nationality do I hold and exactly after that it asks if I hold British Nationality as well. It is suggesting me that this application form is for non-British EEA nationals residing in UK. Now I am confused, since I hold only British Nationality. Do I still continue with this application for my son?

Regards

·
Registered
39,246 Posts
Read my reply. Complete the section about Surinder Singh which applies specifically to your situation. You must have worked in the EEA country while your son was living with you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.