Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all,
I rewrite the description provided in the RPL application form
" Please note: Applicants are required to provide two project reports. Of the two reports, one must pertain to project undertaken within the last three years, and the other for project within the last five years. Projects over two years long may be used for both reports under either of the following conditions:"

I see that they need two projects overall in last 5 years and each project 2 years long.
However, not many projects I come across are two years long. I have one project which is 2+ years long and another which was longer than 2+ years is older than 5 years.

Could people who successfully completed via RPL process throw some light on the duration of the project that is required for the application process.

Thanks
cdhami

·
Registered
5 Posts
The duration of the project need not be of 2 years. Please read it carefully. They mean that if in case the project is 2 years long then in that case you may use it for both project reports under certain conditions. So your less than two years of projects are not an issue...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Duration can be as less as 1-2 months as long as it showcases the fact that you have learnt by experience and implemented whatever topics that you should have covered if you have gone for a ICT Major Degree. I also included trainings that I received from the company including a 6 month induction training which has all the basics of computing / language /OS etc. Additionally they are trying to understand the level of understanding/competency that you have in your field

·
Registered
2 Posts
Employer Reference

Duration can be as less as 1-2 months as long as it showcases the fact that you have learnt by experience and implemented whatever topics that you should have covered if you have gone for a ICT Major Degree. I also included trainings that I received from the company including a 6 month induction training which has all the basics of computing / language /OS etc. Additionally they are trying to understand the level of understanding/competency that you have in your field
Hi, you did apply using RPL? I couldn't get employment reference from my pas employers. I was able to get from just one which is my current employer that I've been with for 4yrs. Will my form be accessed if submitted that way? Or do i have to get the references that coveres my 6yrs experience by all means?

·
Registered
83 Posts
You have to get references for any experience you want ACS to validate, otherwise they will just consider the experience from the period where you have provided the reference and others will show as insufficient data. If you have a non ICT degree ACS will deduct 6 years, if you dont have a degree then 8 years.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You have to get references for any experience you want ACS to validate, otherwise they will just consider the experience from the period where you have provided the reference and others will show as insufficient data. If you have a non ICT degree ACS will deduct 6 years, if you dont have a degree then 8 years.
Wow! Is it worth giving a shot at? I have an option of traveling to my previous employer to to get another 2yrs reference. My concern now is, If i have provable experience of 6yrs and ACS takes all that in assessment because i'm using the RPL approach (no ICT degree). What'll happen? How does this work? Can i even scale through at all?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Depends on the overall points. If your age+English (PTE/IELTS)+Education add up to 55 or 60 points you can still get through as long as ACS confirms that you meet the Skill achieved date

1 - 7 of 7 Posts