Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Friends,

I am new to this forum and had a very important query which I am expecting an answer to.
I had applied for 476 visa that is for only for Washington accord Recognised institutes and I got my visa and migrated to Australia in August 2017.

- I did a 3 year Civil Engineering Diploma in 2011 and Bachelor Degree in 2015 from Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College, Ludhiana. Worked in India as site engineer for 18 months and quantity surveyor for 6 months in Pvt. Lmt. Companies, total work experience of 2 years.

- I have a score of 65 each module of PTE ( 10 points)
- Bachelor Degree (15 points)
- Age 28 years (30 points)
- Total I have at present is 55.

My query at this stage is :

A) whether I can qualify for immigration using my Indian Experience of 2 years.

B) Did I need my Degree accessed from Engineers Australia, either I had studied from an accredited college?

C) Here in Australia, I am working as Land surveyor, should it be considered as experience, while filling permanent residence.

I want to know that can I avail 5 points of Experience after 1 year working in this job profile or I need to find out some other Job.

If other, please Suggest comment with your suggestions.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Hi Friends,

I am new to this forum and had a very important query which I am expecting an answer to.
I had applied for 476 visa that is for only for Washington accord Recognised institutes and I got my visa and migrated to Australia in August 2017.

- I did a 3 year Civil Engineering Diploma in 2011 and Bachelor Degree in 2015 from Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College, Ludhiana. Worked in India as site engineer for 18 months and quantity surveyor for 6 months in Pvt. Lmt. Companies, total work experience of 2 years.

- I have a score of 65 each module of PTE ( 10 points)
- Bachelor Degree (15 points)
- Age 28 years (30 points)
- Total I have at present is 55.

My query at this stage is :

A) whether I can qualify for immigration using my Indian Experience of 2 years.

Yes, if that experience is verifiable

B) Did I need my Degree accessed from Engineers Australia, either I had studied from an accredited college?

Yes, assessment should be done AFAIK

C) Here in Australia, I am working as Land surveyor, should it be considered as experience, while filling permanent residence.

If its taxable income ,yes
if its CIH, I don't think so as you carry no document for this

I want to know that can I avail 5 points of Experience after 1 year working in this job profile or I need to find out some other Job.

If your current job related to your nominated occupation and taxable,
Then Yes

If other, please Suggest comment with your suggestions.

Its my opinion

·
Registered
6 Posts
Skill Assessment Engineers by Australia

Hi guys,
I was planning to apply for Australian Skilled worker immigration under the occupation of Materials Engineer.
I did my BE. Mechanical Engineering from Pakistan where in my final year project I worked on laser surface modification of tool steel. I did my Masters in Materials and Surface engineering from Pakistan followed by a work experience of 1.5 years at a failure analysis center affiliated with a university in Pakistan.
Currently, I am doing my P.hD in Mechanical Engineering with specialization in Materials and Manufacturing.

My work experience and higher education (MS and P.hD) are related to materials engineering.

Could anyone guide me that whether I shall apply for skill assessment with occupation as a mechanical engineer or Materials engineer and shall I apply on the basis of Master’s degree or undergrad degree?
Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts