Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - just seeing if anyone has any insight into the emails received from TLS Contact?

We applied for a spouse visa in March and got the email that our application was decided on 26 June, on day 58 (non-priorty).

We paid to keep my passport as we didn't want to be without during the application process.

This evening we received this email from TLS Contact :

Dear applicant,

We are pleased to inform you that UK Visas & Immigration have made a decision concerning your UK visa application. Please submit your passport within the next 28 calendar days to the visa application centre in Dublin. You can either:

- Drop off your passport in person at the Application centre during the regular opening hours, Monday to Friday 8:30 A.M - 12:30 P.M and 1:15 P.M - 2:30 P.M
- send your passport by registered mail to the Application Centre. Please include a note with your application reference number ( GWF0xxxxxxxx). Send your passport to the following address :

TLScontact Ireland LTD
Passport Passback service
Northwood House Unit 22
Northwood, Santry
Dublin 9
D09XH66

Once your passport is received , UK Visas & Immigration aim to return your passport within 7 calendar days to the UK Visa Application Centre.

You will be notified by email when your passport is ready for collection at the visa application centre. If you chose the return courier service then it will be sent to you by express courier.

Kind Regards,

I'm just wondering if that's an indication one way or the other of a decision? If it's a no, do they normally request your passport? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Cheers and thanks as always :)

·
Registered
39,244 Posts
It can be a generic letter without implying success or not, or a specific request so that visa or vignette can be placed in your passport.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I figured it could just be generic - wasn't sure which way to take it. If you are rejected, and they have your passport. Do they usually stamp a "no" or another indicator, or do they just simply return it with no vignette and a letter explaining their decision?

Just seems like a lot of hassle to send in your passport if it's a 'no'. A simple letter would suffice. Thanks again!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I figured it could just be generic - wasn't sure which way to take it. If you are rejected, and they have your passport. Do they usually stamp a "no" or another indicator, or do they just simply return it with no vignette and a letter explaining their decision?

Just seems like a lot of hassle to send in your passport if it's a 'no'. A simple letter would suffice. Thanks again!
sorry to re open this old post.
did you receive a tlscontact paper saying they will email you the decision if refused and only ask to submit if accepted ?
i have received this and want to see once I receive email to submit does that mean a 100% visa has been granted

·
Super Moderator
18,105 Posts
sorry to re open this old post.
did you receive a tlscontact paper saying they will email you the decision if refused and only ask to submit if accepted ?
i have received this and want to see once I receive email to submit does that mean a 100% visa has been granted
This post is over a year old and the poster hasn't logged on for over a year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.