Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Renewal of Residencia

Guys I have just come back from the Comisaria in Arrecife and am now sellotaping back together my withered residencia of 5 years ago. I showed them my residencia and explained that as you cant read the first digit of my NIE could i apply for a duplicate, the police man on duty said that I would have to be working if not then provide proof of solvency, I explained to him that I just wanted a duplicate and was this not for first timers, his reply was "No, we are in Spain and we are in crisis" Just thought you should all know that as if any f you dont have a work contract or are unemployed like me, then by what this guy is saying, you have not hope of replacing a lost residencia document, I was stunned , so much so I asked him repeatedly if he was sure this was not just for the first timers until he nearly threw me out of the police station! Anyone else had this experience?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Here when people applied for the green certificate for the first time, they were told it was valid for 5 years, after which time it had to be renewed and it would "residencia permanente" which is what it says on mine, as I had been resident for over 25 years when I had my first green certificate. I don't know whether anyone has actually tried to renew it as I no longer accompany people to do this process, but in theory after five years you have to re-apply and now there are criteria which you have to comply with, so it makes sense that if it was your first certificate and the five years had passed you would now have to comply.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts