Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have got BE in Textile Engineering from Pakistan and had submitted my CDR for Material Engineering. After submission, Referee replied following.

Your Bachelor Degree does not meet the requirement to confer standing as a Materials Engineer (ANZSCO 233112).
I can assess you as an Engineering Technologist (ANZSCO 233914) or as an Engineering Professional (NEC) 233999.
Please let me know what is your decision.

Guys, please help me, what shall I choose or reply.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Hi
I have got BE in Textile Engineering from Pakistan and had submitted my CDR for Material Engineering. After submission, Referee replied following.

Your Bachelor Degree does not meet the requirement to confer standing as a Materials Engineer (ANZSCO 233112).
I can assess you as an Engineering Technologist (ANZSCO 233914) or as an Engineering Professional (NEC) 233999.

Hi,

For your case you dont have any other option but to accept Engineering Technologist because they have compared your degree with Diploma.Meaning even if your CDR is the best,they will still award you Technologist

Regards
RicTon

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, RicTon for your reply.

Though it is strange, I dont undertand why they compared my 4 years Engineering degree with a diploma.

But anyway , once again thanks for your suggestion.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi

Hi Maz,

Send me your university name, location, and complete course name. I do have subscription of CEP for Pakistan. I'll check there and compare your degree.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Adnan

Following are the details.

university name = Mehran University of Engineering & Technology Jamshoro
location = Jamshoro, near Hyderabad, Sindh Pakistan
complete course name = Bachelor of Engineering (Textile Engineering) 04 years program

·
Registered
238 Posts
Using Country Education Profile (CEP), I can see that your degree is comparable to bachelor degree. But I am not sure what @RICTON said in his first post. If your degree is assessed as Bachelor you can still claim 15 points.

You can ask this question in reply to assessor as well.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Using Country Education Profile (CEP), I can see that your degree is comparable to bachelor degree. But I am not sure what @RICTON said in his first post. If your degree is assessed as Bachelor you can still claim 15 points.

You can ask this question in reply to assessor as well.
Dear MohAdnan.

From the first line '''''Your Bachelor Degree does not meet the requirement to confer standing as a Materials Engineer (ANZSCO 233112)'''''''''' shows from assessor's opinion the degree is not comparable to ANZSCO 233112,this may show the CDR by the writer has no problem.But he/she can contact the assessor for clarification .Maybe the assessor can suggest other comparable engineering field

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hi

Who told you that your degree is considered as diploma???

Your assessor has given option either Engineering Technologist or Engineering Professional (NEC).

You are not meeting the requirement of material engineer that's why assessor has provided you the above option, it doesn't mean that your qualification been assessed as AQF Diploma.

For further clarification, ask your assessor that they have considered your qualification AQF Bachelor Degree or not?

Select the occupation which is in demand so you may fulfill your migration dream.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Who told you that your degree is considered as diploma???

Your assessor has given option either Engineering Technologist or Engineering Professional (NEC).

You are not meeting the requirement of material engineer that's why assessor has provided you the above option, it doesn't mean that your qualification been assessed as AQF Diploma.

For further clarification, ask your assessor that they have considered your qualification AQF Bachelor Degree or not?

Select the occupation which is in demand so you may fulfill your migration dream.
You can use anzscosearch.com to see the status of each skill wrt 189 and 190 eligibility.

The assessor doesn't appear to dispute that your degree is a bachelor's, just that it's not relevant to the applied skill. Unsure why someone claimed otherwise.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, Guys. You helped me a lot.

I have requested the assessor to clarify about my Engineering Degree. Is he considering my Engineering degree as Bachelor if I choose Engineering Technologist? I could not find any other option to contact so in the same feedback I asked a question and submitted.

So I hope he would reply in time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks, Guys. You helped me a lot.

I have requested the assessor to clarify about my Engineering Degree. Is he considering my Engineering degree as Bachelor if I choose Engineering Technologist? I could not find any other option to contact so in the same feedback I asked a question and submitted.

So I hope he would reply in time.
Hi Maz,

Did you get your PR? I am planning to get assessed as Engineering technologist as I have done my B.S. Textile Technology of 4 years. Do you mind sharing your CDR so I can get help from it and prepare my own?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts