Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there -- I unfortunately had both my BRP card and my passport stolen last week.

I'm now applying for a replacement BRP and am not planning to include my passport in the application since I am also trying to get a new passport at the moment.

I think this should be all right because in the application, it says

We can accept a BRP(RC) application without a passport or travel document in the following circumstances:
• the BRP(RC) application is made for a straight like-for-like replacement of a lost / stolenBRP or ISD, and;
• The initial BRP or ISD was issued less than two years ago.​

I am applying for a like-for-like replacement for my lost BRP and my card was issued only a year ago. However, I wanted to see if anyone else can confirm that this is correct that I don't need to include my new passport if my passport number will be changing (since I'm also applying for a new passport)? I'm hoping to apply for both the BRP and passport concurrently since I have travel booked for the end of September.

Thanks so much in advance for any help!

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
Replacement BRP can take a couple of months to come through, so you are cutting it fine. You can apply at premium service centre for extra £590.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much for your reply, Joppa! Realise I'm cutting it fine so crossing my fingers, though at worst I'll just cancel my trip next month.

Do you know anything about about whether it's all right that I'm not including my passport in the application? I think it should be okay since none of my details have changed and I'm applying for a like-for-like replacement, but a bit worried since I'm also applying for a new passport at the moment so not sure if having a new passport number will affect the Home Office's decision.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, Joppa! That's a relief -- in this case, I'll continue with my BRP application without including my passport. Thanks for your time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.