Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am facing problem in repeat sentence. with short sentences I am all good and repeat as the speaker says. However, if there is long sentence I am facing a hard time .. I tried writing few words without looking into notepad and listening at the same time but it worked opposite, as I missed some words while listening .. I am sure listening and writing at same time in 10 sec is not working for me ...

or should I concentrate on listening only and speak right after recording starts whatever remains in my memory that time ....

Can anyone help me in this ...

Thanks in advance !!:)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi All,

I am facing problem in repeat sentence. with short sentences I am all good and repeat as the speaker says. However, if there is long sentence I am facing a hard time .. I tried writing few words without looking into notepad and listening at the same time but it worked opposite, as I missed some words while listening .. I am sure listening and writing at same time in 10 sec is not working for me ...

or should I concentrate on listening only and speak right after recording starts whatever remains in my memory that time ....

Hi,

Just practice hard sentence daily. Don't try to write anything. Concentrate on listening alone. Repeat at least 1st half or 2nd half of sentence clearly in good pace. You will get good score.

Many Thanks,
Babu:)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hi All,

Where are you doing you practice sentences from?

Don't write down the sentences. Just listen to them carefully and repeat them with proper fluency and intonation. If you missed a word while listening, just don't overthink it. Repeat the sentence with fluency without including that word (even if it makes absolutely no sense).
When I took the exam, due to loud noises from other test takers, my concentration level wasn't at 100 percent and I also missed a word or two in this section. But I just repeated those sentences with full confidence without including those words and I scored 90 in speaking.

To sum it up, practice these sentences alot to increase your short term memory but if you miss a word or two in the exam, don't loose confidence. Just make sure you don't stutter due to that word.

Reactions: Timmona2017

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where are you doing you practice sentences from?

Don't write down the sentences. Just listen to them carefully and repeat them with proper fluency and intonation. If you missed a word while listening, just don't overthink it. Repeat the sentence with fluency without including that word (even if it makes absolutely no sense).
When I took the exam, due to loud noises from other test takers, my concentration level wasn't at 100 percent and I also missed a word or two in this section. But I just repeated those sentences with full confidence without including those words and I scored 90 in speaking.

To sum it up, practice these sentences alot to increase your short term memory but if you miss a word or two in the exam, don't loose confidence. Just make sure you don't stutter due to that word.

Hi ... really helpful ... I am doing practice on youtube Repeat sentences videos ....I have makeup my mind not to write down but just concentrate on listening ....

DO you have tips to share for essay or letter writing . I mean any template you used for writing ? if yes, It would be great if you can share ..Thax

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,

Just practice hard sentence daily. Don't try to write anything. Concentrate on listening alone. Repeat at least 1st half or 2nd half of sentence clearly in good pace. You will get good score.

Many Thanks,
Babu:)
Hi, Yes .. I will focus on listening only ... as there is no time to write ... Thank you

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hi ... really helpful ... I am doing practice on youtube Repeat sentences videos ....I have makeup my mind not to write down but just concentrate on listening ....

DO you have tips to share for essay or letter writing . I mean any template you used for writing ? if yes, It would be great if you can share ..Thax
Yeah, I also did my practice from youtube. Some of the sentences there are really long. That won't be the case in the exams.
Also, a protip for speaking. You'll be tempted to speak in a louder voice in the exam(due to yelling of other test takers) but please don't. Just speak in your normal voice and you'll be good to go. Speaking louder then the normal will affect your pronunciation and intonation.
You don't get letters in pte. It's just essays and summarize paragraphs. For essays, in the first paragraph I introduced the topic. In the next ones, I gave arguments and some made up life events as well You'll need to focus on spellings and vocabulary. In the final paragraph just conclude the topic.
For practice, you can write IELTS essays.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hi All,

The points breakdown is as follows:

Context: 3
Pronunciation: 5
Fluency: 5

Just don't lose fluency and pronounce the words you remember correctly.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Trick

The trick that I used was to concentrate more on the second half of the sentence. This is the one which has more details and can be forgotten easily. The first half is just some names and/or pronouns with a single verb.

This requires practice and can be mastered. If you have sufficient time, you can try this.

·
Registered
9 Posts
best trick for repeat sentence

While the dictation is going on write down the first letter of the word.
For example,

The capital city of India is New Delhi which is very popular. (12 words)

Write down THE FIRST LETTERS

T C C O I I N D W I V P. ( 12 STARTING LETTERS SO U DONT MISS OUT ON ANY)

i THIS WAY U WILL NOT MISS WORD COUNT AND makes repeat sentence very easy.

·
Registered
16 Posts
- You do not need to remember all the words, all the time.

- Repeated practice is the best way to improve.

- Make sure you understand how the scoring system works. Refer to the below video which explains how the scoring works for the repeat sentence so you know what to do in case you don't remember all the words.

<SNIP> Dude...its a two year old post..the member must have attempted n cleared PTE by now

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
81 Posts
Someone else facing a similar issue searching for it online might find it useful someday :)

Reactions: EAU2452
1 - 12 of 12 Posts