Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

We are going to try for a premium appointment in Cardiff to renew a spousal visa, and I have some questions:

We are looking for an appointment early November. Let us assume we get that, and the application is successful. As I understand it, they then give back all documents, including passport, while they process the BRP. This should be ready in approximately a week according to the official website.

The original visa only expires on the 7th January 2018.

Are we then able to travel without the BRP and just carry the passport until the 7th January 2018, or does the approval of the new visa and the BRP processing trigger something in the system that states you then cannot travel on only the passport?

And lastly - any thoughts (particularly negative thoughts?) on the Cardiff centre - it i the closest to us.

Thanks

W

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
After you have been to premium service centre and your application has been approved, the new leave comes into effect (they will add the unexpired portion of your previous visa to the new leave) so you shouldn't travel without your BRP. Their system is updated to show this, so you will have great difficulty re-entering just with your passport.
All PSCs work to the same rules and you'll find the staff courteous, friendly and efficient.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.