Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I want to rent a flat in Valencia and we have pets. The estate agents tell us that landlords are not prepared to rent to tenets with pets. We are prepared to make a substantial deposit and I understand that there is insurance available for such matters. Has anyone had similar experiences? Any advice would be appreciated.:)

·
Registered
6,003 Posts
My wife and I want to rent a flat in Valencia and we have pets. The estate agents tell us that landlords are not prepared to rent to tenets with pets. We are prepared to make a substantial deposit and I understand that there is insurance available for such matters. Has anyone had similar experiences? Any advice would be appreciated.:)
Firstly, it depends what pets and how many - generally I would advise against having pets in a flat (but that's just me!).

The agent is wrong, there are many landlords that accept pets - it really shouldn't be a problem unless they are large animals or there are too many of them.

Do NOT pay a substantial deposit - you may never get it back. The statuary figures are one month's deposit if the property is unfurnished and two month's if it is furnished - do not pay any more. Agents/landlords will always try and get you to pay more and that's your decision. Just remember that you not see the money again!

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
In all our time in Spain we have only encountered one property where pets are not allowed. It's where my parents live and of the 9 houses, 6 of them have pets...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts